Yet Another Comair Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crjdxr

11 or 12 a/c start going away in/around September (supports DAL's 13% system reduction)
MCO and FLL go "full DAL" in Sept. (DAL/DGS to handle above and below wing and any RJ ops) - Comair to continue heavy mtx in MCO but Comair C/S personnel will be gone in MCO and FLL.
SCE service ends in Sept.
2600 block hour (system) reduction for Comair beginning in Sept.
The "F" word was spoken but no groups highlighted
After September 1, about 265-270 daily departures for Comair in CVG.
DAL stock to $5.35 during call
'Pee Pass' :laugh: is helping (according to The Briner)
More "F"-word information to come in a week or so...meetings scheduled with ALPA and IBT next week to discuss.
Hopefully, more charters with the 'extra' aircraft.
GRB is going to one flight per day in Sept. and the Packers fans are hacked off.
September 1 schedule is not yet final
More Q-400 talk...blah blah blah....no capital...blah blah blah...a lotta money invovled...blah blah blah...possible substitute for jets...blah blah blah...customers like it....blah blah blah...Horizon and Lynx customers like it...blah blah blah
Not currently evaluating 'paperless' flight deck (according to The Briner)

Comair standard.

Oh don't forget about all the tap dancing about a possible merger with Mesaba. "Confidentiality agreement...blah..blah..can't talk about it...":bomb:

I love how the GRB station was trying to say they can't cut flights becuase the Packer season is about to start. I know the only thing to look forward to in Wisconsin is the Packers, but the rest of the country could care less about the packers. I think only flight a day to GRB will be more than enough. John did really seem to be throwing some hints about Mesaba. Briner sounds more company than ever. Nice not to hear much from Soaper, I always wanna puch the phone when he speaks.

How the French Connection U.K. does the company go from hiring twelve a week to maybe furloughing approx 100 pilots in a matter of two weeks?

DAL and NWA regional pilots = dance band on the Titanic

Oh, yeah! Sounds like a fun summer for all of us.

Honestly, it is your airplane. The RJ can't make money during a high fuel environment. Larger planes and less frequecy can squeeze people onto one plane and with the higher fares can try to make a profit. INTL routes can bring in currencies that are worth more than the dollar. The Delta/NWA combo actually has a good chance of "making it", but we unfortunately don't need all of the 50 seat RJs, and some of the 70 seaters.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Honestly, it is your airplane. The RJ can't make money during a high fuel environment. Larger planes and less frequecy can squeeze people onto one plane and with the higher fares can try to make a profit. INTL routes can bring in currencies that are worth more than the dollar. The Delta/NWA combo actually has a good chance of "making it", but we unfortunately don't need all of the 50 seat RJs, and some of the 70 seaters.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Honestly....with oil on its way to $150 a barrel....Nobody is going to be making money except for maybe Southwest.....

Honestly....with oil on its way to $150 a barrel....Nobody is going to be making money except for maybe Southwest.....

I don't think Southwest is "making money", rather not losing as much thanks to their hedges. Their hedges keep them in the black, since they can price what they want in the market. Without the hedges, I think they would post a loss. Domestic travel isn't very good right now for any US airline, and having great hedges like SWA does helps them out tremendously. The legacies have to find revenue elsewhere, and right now that is anywhere but the USA. Also, with $150 a barrel oil, many airlines will unfortunately cease to exist. That will help the remaining airlines eventually make a profit, with less capacity and higher fares. One thing is for sure though, 50 seat RJs don't work in a high oil environment.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back