• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Year End #s....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A guy I recently flew with asked me about the 4 levels of flying.... I thought about it for a second, dusted off my ancient CFI knowledge from 10 years ago and said: Rote, Understanding, Application, Correlation. He said I wasn't even close. Here's what he said, which I thought was pretty funny and very appropriate for this thread:

Level 1 - You pay through the nose to fly (student)
Level 2 - You fly for free (time building)
Level 3 - You get paid to fly (regional, Part 135, cargo, etc)
Level 4 - You get paid not to fly (frac, major, cushy corp gig)

What level are you at? I flew 800 hrs last year so I guess I'm level 3....

T2S
You left off Level 5 - You retire, buy a little airplane and pay through the nose to fly. Like everything else, what goes around eventually comes around.

A guy I recently flew with asked me about the 4 levels of flying.... Here's what he said, which I thought was pretty funny and very appropriate for this thread:

Level 1 - You pay through the nose to fly (student)
Level 2 - You fly for free (time building)
Level 3 - You get paid to fly (regional, Part 135, cargo, etc)
Level 4 - You get paid not to fly (frac, major, cushy corp gig)

What level are you at? I flew 800 hrs last year so I guess I'm level 3....

T2S

Unless you go into the military, then you're paid from day one. I bought a vette while I was in flight school. ;)

525 flight hours

125 flight days

57 RON

2 X 5 day recurrent training

GV

No sir not time building. Well maybe I am, considering this is just a stepping stone. All 1072 hours were part 135 cargo (Ameriflight). and nope I dont make 19k, I made 46k+bennies. Flying roughly 20-25 hours a week 5.6-6.1 nightly and I only work Monday-Thursday all holidays off and quality of life is good:p. I can say though it will be a welcome change to stop flying the back side of the clock and to fly something with an autopilot/FMS/anything invented post 1960:beer:. Fly safe Gentlemen

You left off Level 5 - You retire, buy a little airplane and pay through the nose to fly. Like everything else, what goes around eventually comes around.

I am going to skip that one and dump my money in a hole in the water!:beer:

Latest resources

Back