• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Xtra Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the planes are not for a hockey contract rather professional sports in general. I doubt anyone will be a captain in 3 months. that seems a little like wishful thinking. 1 yr could happen. $76 hr is the pay for 1st yr cpt. 70 hr guarnetee. who wouldn't like more money?

im sorry guaranteed $63840 plus per diem---- i can make more than that as a captain on a beechjet --- embarassing.

arent they known for ups and downs in their hiring and furloughing--- like usa 3000? pay so low, people will get hired , get current- b/c they usually hire just the typed guys b/c its cheaper and voila they leave--
is there a training contract?

oh my ruby mountain -- what has become of thee

Agreed pay is low but will take what I can get at this time. Not really known for ups and downs as far as fourloughs. haven't furloughed before this last one last year for 20 yrs. They don't hire just typed guys it is about a mix although this time around they can be very picky. the training is the same if you have a type or not so really don't save money right off the bat but at least shows the canadate is trainable. No training contract. I can't stand those and wouldn't work for someone who required it. May not sound peachy to some but at least they survived the mass extiction of ad-hoc charter companies that went under last summer, barely. but are around to enjoy some of the benefits. Have a chance to have the most planes on property ever this year. so hopefully some of the bennies will improve. the flying is great and the guys you work with are too, seems to be that way with small niche companies.

So if I dont have an internal rec am I SOL.
Thats the way I understand it... which sucks because I got to meet quite a few of their crews over the last year and would love to be part of the company... I didn't hear a single negative comment about the company from anyone there.

Latest resources

Back