Xtra Airways Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sligo1

Just wondering if someone can answer a few questions about Xtra Airways? Pay during training? QOL at Xtra and management/employee relationship. If you can help thanks just got an interview offer and would like to know more.

Same here. I have only 2000+ hours but they called me. I am surprised but I'll give it a try anyway, doesn't hurt.

Heard nothing but bad things so far. I have two friends there who are looking for new jobs.

My previous post spured a ton of private messages so I thought I should share a bit more of what I know. Keep in mind that I don't work for the company and I am only passing along what I've heard.

Xtra Airways is very mom and pop and they are having trouble achiving there goals. Sounds like they have tons of work but not enough Captains (plenty of FOs). There HQ is in Elko, NV as small town with no airline type people. Combine that with there low pay and you know what you get. Some of there bases, like BOS, are temporay and only operate about six months out of the year. The 3 737-800s they operate are only in the US part time and then they go back to Europe for the rest. That leaves 3 737-400s and makes me wonder what happens to all the junior pilots. I hear there training department is a little messed up and has a...self serving individual running it. I hear alot of talk about scheduling and how messed up things are. Sounds like alot of guys are working there days off and spending very little time flying out of there assigned base.

Sounds like a lot and I my friends are...frustrated by the daily circus. Upgrading FO's would solve the Captian shortage but there are alot of problems with the training department. I just heard about a FO that failed his check ride and that the Fed who gave it listed the training department as the reson he failed. (I know what your thinking) Pay has been a big issue and the reason they havn't been able to get more off the street Captains. That however just changed and they are offering $79.00hr/70gar. I don't think they have to pay for the type rating (when you upgrade) but there is a two year training contract.

That's all I can think of at the moment but feel free PM me and I'll find out for you if I can.

Lucky

Latest resources

Back