Forums Chief Pilot
Staff member
Type aircraft owned
Carbon Cub FX-3
Base airport
KFCI
Ratings
COMM, IFR, MEL, SEL
One item I carry in my on board tool items is the XP-3 Micro-Start Battery. Hard to find, may need a different model, but I also have the pigtail linked below connected to my starter battery should I ever need to use the jump battery.

Amazon product ASIN B01NBH68KN

One item I carry in my on board tool items is the XP-3 Micro-Start Battery. Hard to find, may need a different model, but I also have the pigtail linked below connected to my starter battery should I ever need to use the jump battery.

Amazon product ASIN B01NBH68KN
I have a similar setup, but with a Noco Boost Plus (GB40). (Also with a harness.) When it arrived, I immediately saw there was going to be a problem. The buttons for turning it on and for turning on its flashlight are right on top, easy to accidentally press. I put it in my flight bag when I headed to the airport, and sure enough when I got there and pulled it out the light was on!

I designed a small cover for the two buttons in Solidworks, and 3D printed it at the library. Stuck on with some thin double-side tape, it looks a little Jethro, but does the job. A similar device really saved my butt last year in my sailboat, so I'm a fan of these jump start batteries.

1681186759498.png

Latest resources

Back