• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is always that guy! haha, Thanks for making it a Flex thread instead of a Netjets thread again Hammer... How you been lately, long time no see
doing good, congrats on getting out of a hell hole. you will enjoy this work, even when it's bad it's better than cherry at its best!

hooray! Glad to be here man. XOJET is one hell of a place. Type school not that fun though.

skiandsurf;1672E070 said:
He does have a point here. Upgrades are merit point based (not by seniority). You "earn" points by doing different duties or tasks....ie, doing phone interviews from home on days off, or working on different projects on your days off. If you live in the Sacremento area, you have better access to HQs and therefore more merit point opportunities.

So wearing the foggles on your days off, is an accurate statement.

Absolutely not true!

Merit points are basically a means of buying your pay level up early. Extra work equals extra pay. They have nothing to do with upgrade.

We hire pilots with varying degrees of experience, and our upgrade time is very quick. Some of our pilots come here with 10's of thousands of hours doing this type of flying. Others need a bit more time in type before they are ready to be dispatched as PIC. We will never send out an under-qualified Captain just because they were hired on a certain date. Once 5 line Captains agree a pilot is ready for upgrade it basically becomes a seniority issue from that point based on need for captains at that time.

He does have a point here. Upgrades are merit point based (not by seniority). You "earn" points by doing different duties or tasks....ie, doing phone interviews from home on days off, or working on different projects on your days off. If you live in the Sacremento area, you have better access to HQs and therefore more merit point opportunities.

So wearing the foggles on your days off, is an accurate statement.

You are full of crap! Get the friggin facts straight before you spew this S&^T.

What, Are you NEW?

You're about a month behind the false rumor mill.

I guess I am new. I hadn't even heard of XOJet a few months ago. I just recently started reading about them. My father was the one who mentioned something about FLOPs and XOJet...and I know for a fact he doesn't read these boards. He did say that 2 guys that used to fly with him on the X went to XOJet a year or two back and they were very happy there.

BTW, I did go back and find a 8/21/08 post about the subject (after the fact). I wasn't trying to stir the pot. Just looking for a job!

Last edited:
I guess I am new. I hadn't even heard of XOJet a few months ago. I just recently started reading about them. My father was the one who mentioned something about FLOPs and XOJet...and I know for a fact he doesn't read these boards. He did say that 2 guys that used to fly with him on the X went to XOJet a year or two back and they were very happy there.

BTW, I did go back and find a 8/21/08 post about the subject (after the fact). I wasn't trying to stir the pot. Just looking for a job!

Its all good man, were just messing with ya. I do know a lot of people who read these boards work for FLOPS. That is where the rumor came from. You know how rumors travels with pilots...

Latest resources

Back