• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJET Lets 23 pilots go.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I tried to warn you about segal. Instead you jumped on me like I was putting Xojet down. Welcome to airline management 101. Your old mgt probably would have at least waited until after the holidays. Segal could give two sh*ts about your family.

Segal is a scumbag.......you were warned. He has no compassion.

That being said, My heart goes out to the furloughed pilots. This time it's number three for me. The second one within two months of Christmas. Keep your chins up and remember to take care of your family, don't take it out on your family.

Again....good luck

You guys need to unionize yesterday

The ibt 1108 is like a condom, it protects us from getting aids<mickey schreenga, david m seigal,it also protects us against genital warts>Sonjay, and it also protects us against Herpes>Bob Tyler and Bob19. Sure we would like to have unprotected sex with a monogomous partner, but these days you can't be too carefull. So the question you guys and gals need to ask yourself is 1.56% of your salary to protect your job better than 100% unemployment. Don't mean to rain on your parade but the tyrants running these companies have no ethics or morals. Heres to safe sex in 2009 and hopefully a short lived downturn.

"The economy shed 533,000 jobs in November, according to a government report Friday - bringing the year's total job losses to 1.9 million.
November had the largest monthly job loss total since December 1974. "
Now do you really think that anything is going to protect you from this kind of economic meltdown or that XO management can do anything about stopping the trend?

"The economy shed 533,000 jobs in November, according to a government report Friday - bringing the year's total job losses to 1.9 million.
November had the largest monthly job loss total since December 1974. "
Now do you really think that anything is going to protect you from this kind of economic meltdown or that XO management can do anything about stopping the trend?

No one can be saved from this economic disaster left from this white house administration …………………
HERE COMES SHOE.......................!!!!!

Thoughts and prayers go out to all affected.

As hard as it is remember this...when one door closes another opens...

Keep the faith.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all affected.

As hard as it is remember this...when one door closes another opens...

Keep the faith.

too bad i can't seem to find the hundred of doors that are supposed to be open. i wish that having faith was all it took.

You are correct however think of all the goodwill the company could have had from the pilots if they had at least postponed the terminations untill jan.

"Goodwill" doesn't pay the bills and isn't a word that is ever used by a union. After spending as many years as I have in management, I can tell you that there wasn't a single person that wanted to lay off those folks before the end of the year. But you can't keep on tens of thousands of dollars on the books simply for "goodwill" and let the rest of the company suffer. I feel for those guys to and can personally empathize in their misfortune. If you weren't in the room where the decision was made and wasn't part of the actual process, you can't understand what the emotion was.

"Goodwill" doesn't pay the bills and isn't a word that is ever used by a union. After spending as many years as I have in management, I can tell you that there wasn't a single person that wanted to lay off those folks before the end of the year. But you can't keep on tens of thousands of dollars on the books simply for "goodwill" and let the rest of the company suffer. I feel for those guys to and can personally empathize in their misfortune. If you weren't in the room where the decision was made and wasn't part of the actual process, you can't understand what the emotion was.

In another thread you said 'what's 12 million for a CEO of a billion dollar company?' I believe you called it peanuts. But tens of thousands for a number of soon to be unemployed people is money the company can't afford? This is the biggest single indicator of your management bias that I have seen to date. It must be a long way down from your nose to the little people.

Oh yeah, I can just hear it!

B-19 said;

If you weren't in the room where the decision was made and wasn't part of the actual process, you can't understand what the emotion was.

I can just picture B-19 saying;

It's either cut management bonus or furlough pilots!

Oh, this is so emotional! Furlough!

We are so much smarter then they are.

Ok, who's for doin lunch?

Lets "order in" the weather is so bad, those worthless pilots must be catching hell out there.

They don't know what management pressure is!

They think dropping a load of ordinance over Bagdad is hard!

Now management! That takes brains and skill and cool nerves.

Any idiot can fly goggles, drop bombs, night freight, and multiple aproaches to minimums in bad weather.

Now management! That takes guts!

So what do guys think? Pizza?

I think you make some good points but your syntax is so poor, I would guess you were either drinking at the time of ths post or it is a sad reflection of the management skills I've seen across the aviation industry in general. Happy Holidays!

Mr. I.

Latest resources

Back