• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJET Lets 23 pilots go.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck guys. Really awful news. Hate to hear about this, especially in our side of the industry.

If anyone thinks this can't (or won't) happen at NJA, I have some real estate in Florida I'd like to sell ya!

This is very scary for ALL of us.

I truly hope those furloughed land on their feet.

Terminations not layoffs? Man that is brutal. Best of luck to all those guys. Best of luck to you guys still flying the line there as well. Management showed their true colors. Let me guess management still will be rewarded with year end bonuses. I think I've seen this movie before...

I offer my regards as well and I can tell you there is nothing but concern on the NJA web boards. For those of you making comments on why such and such business plan isn't working please stop you look foolish and it doesn't help anyone. Here's to a better 09-10.

Thank you all for the kind words. I was not going to post on this subject, but the huge majority of you have renewed my faith in this website, and the inherent goodness in people.

No matter how the names were picked, 23 more good pilots, most of them friends of mine, find themselves out of work two weeks before Christmas. It's a very sad situation.

To clarify Cherry's post, they were terminations not layoffs. I believe all are eligible for rehire, but they do not have recall rights.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of them, and everyone else looking for flying jobs this holiday season.

So X-rated I guess my question is how were they choose to be fired/furloughed or whatever you want to call it. Were they bad pilots?? Break jets?? Draw the short straw or what?? Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things out of work, is out of work.

Are the rest of you guys at XO paranoid or is this all the trimming that needs to be done??

Terminated huh? They may have recall rights but if they were terminated, that is a lot different from a layoff. This probably has pretty strong potential for a class action lawsuit unless the company offered up severance packages with releases attached to those packages.

Hope all goes well in the future for those 23 pilots.

Mr. I.

Typical from an Ex-Airline management.

IBT1108.com

How in the hell do your managers sleep at night, get up in the morning and look themselves in the mirror. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. As someone who has walked in your shoes I am truly saddened by this news. All that going the extra mile for the customer and the company, the longevity and dedication devoted to building the company up all wiped clean with the stroke of a key by a greedy manager. You guys need to unionize if for no other reason to piss them off. Right back at ya David M Siegal......................IBT1108.com

let me see if i can say it so it wont get EDITED:

i spoke in english earlier this year when XO ran thier "fare" special. " Its was the start of the finish" They were in need of revenue then, and they are in need of revenue now.. The entire place will fold, not because the pilots are no good. Its who owns them, and the current CRE-SESSION.(credit cruch + recession)..

good luck

Better, there's hope for you yet. :beer:

Latest resources

Back