XOJet Confidentiality Breech

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

152SIC

I got an email from XOJet stating that one of their employees (now former employee,) was using information XOJet had stored for identity theft.

The email recommended I obtain identity protection. (I assume lifelock or something similar?) Apparently this cost will be borne by myself.

Anyone else receive this email?

That sucks that it happened, but do you expect XO to pay for it? I've never heard of any of the several companies that have had the same thing happen offer to pay for any kind of protection. Perhaps you've seen/heard different?

This is the only time I have had this happen to me in aviation.

When I was a POI at the FAA I had credit monitoring paid for because someone lost a laptop with secure information on it. Granted, the FAA used government money.

I also had Countrywide sell my information to some people in Eastern Europe and they paid for a few years of credit monitoring.

I have had credit monitoring paid for twice. One was a previous employer have an employee have his laptop stolen. It contained employee info. The employer paid for credit monitoring for a year. Another was a large retailer that had customer account info hacked/stolen. They also paid for credit monitoring.

Damn, well again I'm sorry it happened. Maybe they'll offer you some merit points, they seem to think those are acceptable forms of compensation...

Damn, well again I'm sorry it happened. Maybe they'll offer you some merit points, they seem to think those are acceptable forms of compensation...

I just left. I'm not in the loop anymore. Did this just happen to 152SIC or has it happened to others?

We handed a lot of sensitive information over to management...

***Important Notice***

The purpose of this communication is to inform you as a former employee of a breach regarding confidential XOJET and GMJ employee information and that we are diligently investigating this breach.

Recently, we discovered that an individual has attempted to fraudulently appropriate the identity of XOJET employees through the use of confidential personal information. Upon such discovery we took immediate action to notify those employees impacted, and contacted the appropriate law enforcement officials to work with them to address this breach and to pursue the individual(s) responsible for it.

While we continue to investigate this incident, at this time we do not believe that any other individuals have been impacted or are in jeopardy of being affected. Nevertheless, we are providing you with this notice in the interest of prudence and in order to allow you the opportunity to take appropriate action to verify that you have not been subject to any fraudulent activity and take precautions in order to assure you do not fall victim to the same fraud or identity theft.

To protect yourself from the possibility of identity theft, it is recommended that you place a fraud alert on your credit files. To place a fraud alert, you can contact any one of the three credit reporting agencies at the number listed below. This will let you automatically place fraud alerts with all of the agencies.

Experian​
Equifax​
TransUnion​

If you do elect to pursue a fraud alert, you will receive your credit reports. Please look them over carefully, particularly looking for accounts you did not open. Also, look for inquiries from creditors that you did not initiate and for personal information, such as home address and a Social Security number, that is not accurate. If you see anything you do not understand, call the credit reporting agency at the telephone number on the report.

That's what I received. There was more to the email but it included names that I don't want to post in a public forum. It's strange that they have tried to keep this quiet.

You know, upon rereading this email it could have been an outsider that obtained confidential information as well. The first sentence could have been better phrased and commas would have been appropriate.

Actually, it was so poorly written that I am worried it might be a scam wrapped inside of a pretend scam.

However, coming from [email protected] leads me to believe that it still might be real. The poor English is disconcerting though.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back