• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJET application / interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whats the average number of legs that you fly per day, and in the X, how many hours is that? (just a rough estimate is ok,......I'm used to 7-8 hour days, and 6-8 legs of 121 flying, so anything is probably better)

It's hard to say. Every day is a new adventure. One day you may fly 5 legs and the next 1, or none for that matter. Generally speaking, the X does a lot of transcons for whatever that's worth.

Do they hire captains if typed on the X?

Sure, depending on experience. But, it may take a little while to actually be dispatched as captain. It takes a while to learn our way of doing things. Maybe 3 months or so.

Being typed may very well help you get an interview, but it will have very little influence on whether or not you are offered a job.

Hey x-rated, been out of the country, but when I checked my messages, someone by the name of Randy called me to do an interview, I have not had the chance to call back since I am still out of the country till next week. I am just wondering a few things.

1) Do you still have the Tier 2 domiciles? I would rather be on the 15/13 schedule and not commute since MIA would be 3 hours away for me.

2) Can you give me some insite as to what to expect for the phone interview and the personal interview in CA?

Thanks

you usually fly from your home base...ie..mia, mdw, dal..where ever...to an airplane that is on a trip...example..if you're in KMIA, you may start your rotation by flying to KEWR and picking up a plane in KTEB. As for your time off, I love the two week rotation. Nothing like having about two weeks off in a row each month. Great Company! Great QOL!

Hey x-rated, been out of the country, but when I checked my messages, someone by the name of Randy called me to do an interview, I have not had the chance to call back since I am still out of the country till next week. I am just wondering a few things.

1) Do you still have the Tier 2 domiciles? I would rather be on the 15/13 schedule and not commute since MIA would be 3 hours away for me.

2) Can you give me some insite as to what to expect for the phone interview and the personal interview in CA?

Thanks

As far as I know there are still tier 2 domiciles. However, our D.O. sent an email to everyone about a month ago. He said he didn't want anyone to have to work the 15/13 schedule just to live where they want. So, he gave everyone the option to work 8/6 and remain in their current domicile. I don't know what that means to future applicants. It would be a good question for Randy when you speak with him.

I don't know much about the phone interview, but Randy is a pilot in addition to our main recruiter. He's a good guy.

The personal interview in SAC will consist of several small interview groups. They will likely be made up of several pilots, office staff, Flight Ops Mgt, HR types, and anyone else who would like to participate. The interview will not be overly technical, and is fairly informal. The night before the interview applicants and interviewers generally get to together for an informal dinner and maybe a beer or two. The dinner is meant to put applicants at ease and let you get to know the folks that will be interviewing you. You'll have a good time. Just be yourself and you'll do fine.

Last edited:
X-rated,
Thanks for the info, Randy called several weeks ago, but I have been out of the country for over a month, mostly in the Middle east, so I am looking forward to getting home and calling him, I really need a change in jobs, I am never home, anyways thanks for the info.

Just wondering, are they still hiring Captains into the X, I don't have a type for the X or CL300, so i will be new, but just wondering if that is still the case? I have over 8000 hours TT and am a check Airman on the G-IV, so i have the time and experience.

Also, I look forward to joining XOJet, it sounds like a class act operation. As to the 15/13 schedule, I actually prefer the longer rotation, even if I can't use my airport as a tier 2.

Thanks again and I owe you a beer

XO Jet Purser (Flight Attendant)

Does anyone have any idea when they will (or already have?) started interviewing for these positions? They started advertising last month, then again the other day. I submitted my resume on line, it is now "on file" is there anything else I can do?
Thanks!

Is the concentration of hiring this year primarily for SIC or PIC positions?

Any chance the CL300's will be arriving earlier than expected?

How are the Citation X's on maintenance these days?

Latest resources

Back