XM Radio (portable) In Flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Diesel

So you have not had problems with reception at the upper flight levels and high speeds in the X?

nope came out here at 470 no problemo

xm 202 baby

Delphi Myfi in a CL65. Doesn't work in the front windows but I suction cup the antenna to the side window facing the most south and it works well. Battery life is not the greatest but I have three of them so I can go all day. Going straight north is the only problem I have had.

I made an adapter for the intercom that plugs into the jumpseat mic jack. Works great.

Fyi

XM can be received in the car via roof antenna in Mexico City, confirmed fact. Also if its not cloudy, Dish (US) and DirectTV (US) can be received with a larger Ku-band antenna.

Piper877 said:
I've been wondering about Sirius in the airplane as well. After flying a 172 with a broken ADF from San Diego to New York, I feel the need. It's probably going to be about the same if I get the chance to do some cargo flying soon. What is a good device to make it so you can listen to Sirius through your headset?

Just happened to spot this, http://www.marvgolden.com/headsets/music.htm , the very last one.
If it works on a CD player, it should work on the XM MyFi

Go to anywheremap.com, products, accessories. There's a couple items for xm weather antennas, which is the exact same as xm radio antennas. One is a splitter where you use two xm antennas, one on each side of the windshield clear of the windshield heat. There's also a little suction cup gadget that keeps the antenna up high for best reception.

As for headsets, lightspeed all the way! Forget bose. All lightspeed headsets have a cell phone/music input. You can select whether or not you want ATC muted or not. It's awesome and totally portable. Used to listen to XM radio on my night freight runs all the time. Oppie and Anthony rule, Stern blows!

a&p said:
As for headsets, lightspeed all the way! Forget bose. All lightspeed headsets have a cell phone/music input. You can select whether or not you want ATC muted or not. It's awesome and totally portable. Used to listen to XM radio on my night freight runs all the time. Oppie and Anthony rule, Stern blows!

Sinner! How dare you speak such things. ;)

Hey guys, try this stimulating recreation out instead of using your XM radio. Converse with your flying partner. I am sure some of you have heard about this.

Latest resources

Back