Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DAS at 10/250

Coffee, captain?
Does anybody have any experience using an XM radio in flight? I don't know if I want to go the XM or iPod route for some tunes up front.

DAS

Edit: I am refering to the personal portable XM systems such as Delphi

DAS at 10/250 said:
Does anybody have any experience using an XM radio in flight? I don't know if I want to go the XM or iPod route for some tunes up front.

DAS

Edit: I am refering to the personal portable XM systems such as Delphi

I can't go anywhere without my Portbale XM Myfi. When I am working out however I have a iPod Shuffle that I wear because it is much lighter and easier to carry. I have become addicted to a few of the talk shows on XM and never try to miss a day.

Once you get XM you will never ever go back to terristrial radio.

It works awsome only problem is the bat only lasts 6 hours.

All depends on the aircraft and direction of flight. Aircraft that have heated windows screw with the sat signal. Work fine in most light GA aircraft and 50/50 in more advaced jet aircraft.

Go with the ipod route...

i had a myfi when they first came out. maybe i just got a bad unit, but it never got a good signal in the air. i exchanged it for an ipod.
xm is nice, the ipod just works better for how i use it (flying, working out).

honestly, I have both... I drive a lot right now... I have XM, and LOVE IT!!!!! but I also have a Creative Zen Micro (6GB $200) better than an iPod IMO.

For the XM I have a roadie 2, no batteries, and most aircraft have a lighter outlet or something similar... if not there are battery run units or accessories that can be bought... It's worth it!

Does anyone know how to hook up an ipod to your headset? It would also be nice if it automatically lowered the volume when a radio call was made.

A question along these lines. How long does the standard iPOD battery last after its gotten a full charge? I just got one of these things and I dont know anything about it or things like it.

Also, anyone with that sat. radio stuff have any luck receiving the neil boortz show over those things? These days after am750 goes out of range somewhere in TN it gets annoying having to search the radio waves for an AM station carrying the talk masters show. The priest of the church of the painful truth!!

Latest resources

Back