• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XL/XLS fleet at NJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
whats an average day for the fleet? how many legs and hours do you fly typically? I hear about how the fleet works alot. I'm curious what alot is. Do you get stuck on hotel rot much?

I've been in the Excel for almost seven years now and have been based on both the East and West Coasts during that time. I can tell you, without a doubt, that life as an East Coast Excel guy blows. Life as a West Coast Excel guy ain't that bad.

If you are coming to the Excel, all I can say is, welcome! It is a great fleet with good CPs. I hope see you on line. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions (I'm an IOE guy).

I've flown in the Ultra, X and now XL/XLS fleet. The XL fleet is far better than the X fleet. I think that the Ultra fleet has slowed down some but not the X fleet. I'm a Boston based XL fleet and am not overworked. Sometimes we have long days but overall, I'd say legs is the norm. I feel much better at the end of the day and the end of the week than when I was in the X.

Scheduling has gotten better at using most of the different fleets over the last year or so. The 680 and G-200 are both working as hard or harder now as the XL and X according to the stats for fleet utilization. Actually out of those 4 the XL probably has it the easiest- not by hours flown or by amount of legs really, but in that the other 3 are capable of much longer legs and can recover more trips than the XL. The G-200 is the only one of the 4 with a descent cockpit for long flights and is the only other one I would consider, but I am pretty happy on the XL and don't plan on switching until I can upgrade in whatever comes up first. I like that I rarely have to sit in that fairly tight cockpit for more than 2 or 3 hours at a time.

I interviewed last week and I dont care what aircraft I get assigned if I get hired. I really hope it works out

I interviewed last week and I dont care what aircraft I get assigned if I get hired. I really hope it works out

That is definitely the best attitude to have. All the airplanes here have their good and bad points and the job is one of the best in aviation no matter which aircraft you are assigned.

Latest resources

Back