• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT's "big annoucement"!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are a little off. Not all of them are back in the "friendly skies". Yo-nited sold a high number of their 400's after 9/11. Thai Airways got a smoking deal a few of them. UAE got 2 of them as well.

Did I say ALL. Nope I said MOST and MOST are back. A few were sold but the majority of the 400 fleet was saved.

Back to the XJET issue. If you are a DOJET driver then you are probably ex ACA and can speak first hand of the results of OWN branded flying. That really worked out well for you now didn't it.

Did I say ALL. Nope I said MOST and MOST are back. A few were sold but the majority of the 400 fleet was saved.

Back to the XJET issue. If you are a DOJET driver then you are probably ex ACA and can speak first hand of the results of OWN branded flying. That really worked out well for you now didn't it.

Little sensitive about it there, eh chief? Let me guess, you were holding -400 FO right off the bat and now you are bottom gears jerker on the narrow body? And it's a because us pesky former I-Air people drove UAL into ch. 11 isn't it?

1) I wasn't slinging mud at United, just pointing out the FACT that every -400 at UAL prior to 9/11 isn't STILL in service for UAL.

2) If you want to start a fight about I-Air people and lump us all together, good luck. If you are UAL, I could lump you in with ALOT of the not-so-pleasant types I had the pleasure of dealing with while commuting on them.

3) I never flew a United paint job aircraft

4) I never flew an I-Air painted aircraft.

Last edited:
Delta negotiated with SkyWest during the asset purchase agreement that ASA would perform no less than 80% of the Connection flying out of ATL. That is a start.

Yeah, and we all know that DAL keeps it's word! Was this pre-BK (I can't remember the timeline) anyway, let's say DAL says to SkyWest, "hey, we want you guys to take all the flying out of SLC (notice the decrease of S5 flying there) and we'll do whatever we want out of ATL - don't worry, your revenue will stay the same, no matter what happens (notice how many crews S5 overnights in ATL nowadays).

Either way, don't kid yourself about agreements made between mngt! They could care less, as long as revenue goes the way they want! All ASA is to SkyWest, is another certificate to play with, should they ever need it! One day, JA will grow tired of ASA and that's where the fun will really start - especially with his group of pilots that are willing to work for one rate, ready to accept upgrades and airframes at your expense!

Hi toolbox, I'll bite on the obvious flamebait just for the sake of making you look like the horsesass that you are. Our management didn't really say a whole lot to the Wall Street folks other than charter flying was looking way better than expected, and that offshore flying with a 50 seater was not going to work givin the current marketplace. With that said our CEO also said that we are going to pursue BRANDED flying for ourselves in the first to second quarter of 2007. This means that there is a very real possibility that the "jetlink kids" are going to be flying for their own airline and not just be a contractor to some major.

So kngarthur, I ask you this, is your employer doing anything to insulate you from the lousy business of being a feeder to some major airline?? Probably not since the reverend is so smitten with being the lowest cost provider of 70 seat airframes to the bankrupt majors. All to soon you will be too expensive for the masters under which you serve. When that happens are you willing to give up your pay or work rules to fly your mighty EMB-170's.....I would like to think the answer is no, but I'm not so sure that is the case.

At the end of the day we are all just whores to the major who's colors we fly under, but there should be some parity amongst all of the contractors when it comes to just how little we will do this job for. I have all the respect in the world for the Trans States guys, they had a sh#Tsandwich rammed down their throats, yet they didn't cave in. That is a true sign that there is still hope for the regionals.................

I wish you guys the best of luck and hope your management does better then ours did at Independence.

Bailey

Latest resources

Back