• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT Upgrade <2yrs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hell I've sat waiting for EWR in clear and a million. How the hell do these guys manage frickin ground stops in the middle of a clear, calm, beautiful day?

Bastads.

But it does seem to me that XJET upgrades are just a short time from coming to a screeching halt. With the growth being almost completely over, a possible base reduction, a renegotiation of the contract with Daddy CAL coming up, and the amount of people that seem to be happy there for a (snicker) career......you have all the makings of another American Eagle-esque 8 year FO program.

CapnVegetto said:
But it does seem to me that XJET upgrades are just a short time from coming to a screeching halt. With the growth being almost completely over, a possible base reduction, a renegotiation of the contract with Daddy CAL coming up, and the amount of people that seem to be happy there for a (snicker) career......you have all the makings of another American Eagle-esque 8 year FO program.
An Eagle-style 8 year FO program would almost require flowbacks...which we don't have. We have guys that even after being furloughed from 9/11 had a 4.5 year upgrade. I don't consider myself overly optomistic, but I also don't see the point in overly exaggerating the situation either.

Last edited:
I certainly hope we don't turn into another eagle. I guess only time will tell if CAL decides to follow through with the pref interviews. I'm one of the O-Gtards upgrading. I feel very fortunate to upgrade as quickly as we have. I don't mind being on reserve for an extended period of time. Probably going to move to the NY area, unless I'm fortunate enough to end up in Hong Kong! Neal, didn't you say you needed a roomate in that enormous Manhattan apt of yours? :D

box

dojetdriver said:
2. I'd be happy going my entire career without ever having an emergency.

...And how many in flight engine shut downs did you have on the DOJet?
Or do you not consider them "emergencies" becasue that was a common occurance? :eek:

boxjockey said:
I certainly hope we don't turn into another eagle. I guess only time will tell if CAL decides to follow through with the pref interviews. I'm one of the O-Gtards upgrading. I feel very fortunate to upgrade as quickly as we have. I don't mind being on reserve for an extended period of time. Probably going to move to the NY area, unless I'm fortunate enough to end up in Hong Kong! Neal, didn't you say you needed a roomate in that enormous Manhattan apt of yours? :D

box

Whens the interview? Let is know how it goes . Good luck BOX

SayAgain! said:
...And how many in flight engine shut downs did you have on the DOJet?
Or do you not consider them "emergencies" becasue that was a common occurance? :eek:

Actually, thats pretty funny!

For being in the plane since it was in Delcon colors, I never had the pleasure. A friend of mine had 2 failures, one on IOE. Never had a Fadec Major in flight, only took one lightning strike. Thankfully, it didn't blow out all 5 tubes in IFR as well as take a chunk of the tail off like those poor guys in CVG.

Like I said, I'll be perfectly content finishing my career without ever having to deal with a no sh1t emergency.

I hope the take off in the CRJ wasn't as boring as the ERJ is?

Nova said:
Breaking the 1000 mark won't get you very close to a line in CLE especially if the following happens...

This is the second time I've heard this new rumor in the last few days. The first time I heard it was 100 lines for CLE next year. Where's the rumor coming from and what would be the driving force behind the 33% reduction?

A few months ago one of the line builders was saying that CLE might hit 150-160 next year but it'll never get any higher than that. Now there's talk of a large reduction?

The CLE reduction isn't a rumor. The amount of block hours in CLE won't go down, however. The company is reducing staffing in CLE by the number of pilots who attrite from those positions (to upgrade as well as other carriers, etc). They will then run IAH/EWR crews through CLE to staff the CLE flying. This allows the company to staff fewer pilots system-wide (bad) and cut costs...ultimately increasing our competitive position with CAL (good).

-Neal

But will they be reducing the SRJ or LRJ slots in CLE. This last bid we lost 15 LRJ slots and we hoping that we'll see a few SRJ slots leave as well.

Latest resources

Back