• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT to fly 60 airplanes for UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a friggin lame post. I spent 8 great years at XJT and met some of the best people I know. While there are plenty of tools you make the whole pilot group look bad with this crap. I'm not so sure you work for XJT at any rate. If you do, I'm sure your number begins with a T. You have no appreciation for the company or its history to come on here and make your peers look bad.

classiest post I've seen on FI in a long time. Hopefully a bunch of the SkyWest folks who are running their mouth right now will read this as well...

Mookie

I think that the only way you could get United flying would be to bid so low that they couldn't afford to not have you fly for them. That sounds about right with they way your management works. Your management seems to piss poor decisions just as you seem to reek of arrogance. Skywest is hiring every day in June...doesn't seem that we are slowing down, but stocking up for growth.

Well, seeing that CAL would only give XJT a CPA if they gave them the savings on the magnitude that SKW was offering (the SKW buyout seems to be a no go), then I could see XJT using those same rates they are giving CAL (to come up with the savings on the magnitude that SKW was offering) to bid so low that they couldn't afford to not have XJT fly for them.;) That takes care of the Most Favored Nation Clause. That sounds about right.;)

This doesn't help the validity of the post:

United Airlines To Park Up to 70 Aircraft, Behead Ted, and Announce Headquarters' Layoffs

Our informed sources tell us this afternoon (hey, I'm on Pacific time) that we should hear more details Tuesday on United's plans to contract.

On the cutting board (and I know this is going to upset Cranky Flier immeasurably) will be Theodore, better known as yet another tried and then discarded airline within an airline adventure. Yes, you all know the adventure as "Ted."

Secondly, we're told that the airline will announce the grounding of at least 70 aircraft.

Layoffs? Did someone say layoffs? (A nod to Coach Jim Mora there...)

Yes. We're hearing at least 1500 folks are going to be on the short end of pink slips at UAUA headquarters.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back