Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJ_Driver

The Man
I am proud and lucky to say that I got the head nod in the vertical plane about a week ago and will soon be attending class at XJT.

How are guys staying on RSV for 5 months when they are hiring 50 pilots/mth?

At my former employer (when they were hiring), it was 2 months tops on reserves?

What gives? Thanks.

It will probably go down but since all the lines have dropped down for the winter reserve for those just getting off reserve has been 5 months. With the line values increasing in the next few months and hiring still in full swing I think reserve will go down by a month or two. Just my opinion.

CRJ_Driver said:
I am proud and lucky to say that I got the head nod in the vertical plane about a week ago and will soon be attending class at XJT.

How are guys staying on RSV for 5 months when they are hiring 50 pilots/mth?

At my former employer (when they were hiring), it was 2 months tops on reserves?

What gives? Thanks.

Welcome aboard!!

Actually we are hiring 64 a month, at least for awhile :)

Reserve times vary so much lately it's impossible to predict. In your case it could be quick as the movement is high at the moment. Bid the base you want but I can tell you from experience, unless you live in your base, reserve is easiest in IAH.

See you on the line!

I got on-line in the middle of January in Cleveland and will hold a line in April here in Newark-- I think I would be in the same boat in CLE--- It looks like IAH might take another month, its kinda on the edge.

And I really havent done all the much work on reserve, I maybe fly 40 hours a month with occasional couch flying duty.

For those people getting calls when did you apply and how long until you got the call. It sounds like it will be about 4-5 months after you apply you will get a call. Anyone got any details on that.

XJT reserve

The above posts are right on with a time frame for sitting on reserve.

I am a Aug 2nd hire and will hold a line in March. During the winter they reduce the schedule thus why it took longer for me to hold a line vs a person who got hired in Late 04. I would suspect that during the summer it will dip down to 3-4 months.

Reserve is not all that bad... I am still trying to figure out why some get used and others dont. Of the 5 months I have been on reserve I have flown over the 75 hr. mark twice. The other months I was not even close at 50hrs or so. On the other hand I have classmate who has not flown in two weeks.....?

If you have any other questions feel free to send me PM

-celloman

celloman said:
Reserve is not all that bad... I am still trying to figure out why some get used and others dont. Of the 5 months I have been on reserve I have flown over the 75 hr. mark twice. The other months I was not even close at 50hrs or so. On the other hand I have classmate who has not flown in two weeks.....?

Effective February 1, our new reserve rules went into effect. Read the call-out order section in Section 21.I. It is pretty clear about who gets used when and why. If you have questions, let me know.

-Neal

Latest resources

Back