XJT Reserve info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyeys

Anybody out there from expressjet who has completed IOE recently, and is on reserve, I would love to hear what it is like and what to expect. I am currently 3 FFS rides away from my PC. I am going to do my FAM flight in Houston and be based here. Any info. would be wonderful. Thanks.

They are doing FAM flights in Houston now? IAH I assume? Everyone in my class did them at LBB or MAF. The thing I remember most about the FAM flight was how the cockpit looked and felt just like the sim and how the airplane flew identically to the sim, especially since it was a still night when we did ours. Really, nothing is too different, and the single engine ILS on the FAM flight is a little easier since you have idle thrust instead of a shutdown.

I took my PC on 12/11/04, finished IOE over the holidays and have been on reserve for all of january. Things are going great so far, every captain has been friendly and understanding of the fact that I'm new to this type of flying. I just try to make as few mistakes as possible and do my best to make things as easy as possible on the captain. The FA's and XJT rampers have all been cool too, although the CAL rampers seem annoyed to have to deal with us sometimes. Mistakes will be made and every flight is a learning process for a while, but so far nothing's been too bad.

I usually get a call from crew scheduling on the first or second day of my reserve time with a 2 or 4 day trip. Sometimes they'll just give me a turn to somewhere and that's it.....really just depends on what they need I guess. Everything's good so far.

if you live home its pretty cool. I commuted for a while and now im home. a huge difference. they are pretty well staffed so the flying is not that often. i havnt been called since the 8th i think. I keep myself busy though. and i think it just luck of the draw with the flying. I flew a lot at my previous base. A lot of gym time if your into that. reseve is pretty short though...5 months. the fourth month you should have the schedule of off days you want. I got my first choice for feb.

Latest resources

Back