xjt questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AJL5236

How long is xjt reserve running. Once hired how long does it take to complete school. Is ewr still a junior base with the onset of the branded flying? Thanks

Depends on what base you're in... I hear EWR reserve for new guys is something like 3 to 4 months.. IAH about 6 months, CLE.. one year.

ONT is probably going to go fairly junior...while EWR and IAH are neck and neck for being junior.

Training is I think 6 weeks from start to SIC type ride.. then 2-3 weeks of IOE..

(I dont' remember the exact lenght of time... I'm a captain now and did IOE about 2.5 years ago.)

Good luck, It's a great company

Reserve running about 3-5 mos. ('cept CLE, not sure how long it is there, I'm sure it's much longer) EWR still the junior base out of training. ONT appears to be going junior, but not that junior, based on preliminary results. Once the perm bid is out, we'll see... Most are getting out of EWR within a month or two if they want. Training is about 6 weeks, give or take. Ops line said today of two new bases being announced within 2 weeks, the first being SAN or AUS, the other still up in the air.

Reserve time depends on your base, and I really have no idea about how long it has been running. About 6 weeks for ground school and as of right now, the junior base is ONT for newhires. I've been here two years and am slated to hold ONT CA. Upgrade training in April or May.

Latest resources

Back