Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

msuspartans24

Windsor said:
It beats racking up thousands of pointless right seat hours that will probably happen at a regional. The way I see it, this is the fastest route to my career goals.

So why are you coming to express in april?

Im sure its been beat up enough. I was recently hired by XJT and given a class date of April 24th. Anyone hear of an earlier class date? Onto the expected question. In honest opinions how many think furlough is coming. As a pecimist and one who takes face value to this industry I honestly beleive knowing the culture of XJT pilots, concessions are out of the question and even if they would agree their numbers wouldn't compete with the potential bidders CAL is looking to. Although my previous employer could offer me more job security nothing replaces the pride and value that working for a company like ExpressJet gives. With the deteriorating 50 seat market who would be interested in the 69 145XRs anyways. Granted XJT delivers about the finest product of the regional industry but most Majors dont look much past the price tag to sign the contract. In short XJT could face the same fate as Comair. An honor to be a part of a team like XJT, terrifying to think it could be temporary.

Last edited:
Study hard, make it through training, fly as much as you can, wait until the day you "might" get furloughed. If you do get furloughed you will have recall rights.

If you think you can get hired somewhere else that is better go for it. Better today does not mean better tomorrow as most people know. Xjet is a great company and management is working hard to find alternate flying. They may or may not be successful.

Besides the more of you that get hired means the less likely I will get furloughed!

Maybe since most of the guys there PFT'd, they will pay to keep from getting furloughed or PFR- pay for recall!

LucyFurr said:
Maybe since most of the guys there PFT'd, they will pay to keep from getting furloughed or PFR- pay for recall!

Wait a second, I think my toolbox is missing a tool!

The majority of those guys who "paid for training" back in the late 90's are over at CAL now. They'd tell you it was well worth the investment. They're no different than anyone who goes to work for Southwest.

With a whopping 2 posts you have ZERO credibility.

I'm in the april 10th class. I'm keeping my options open as to stayin on or not. I have an interview with a jet cargo carrier that is saying 12-18 mos upgrade. I'll take that over the 3-5 years that XJT said during the interview. If you log on to expressjetpilots website, you can get some info directly from what their pilots are saying about the situation.

LucyFurr said:
Dude, That's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gay. Like the other guy said most of the folks that paid for the training back in the day are all flying 757/67s for CAL now, so I guess it's easy for you to judge them while you sit in the right seat of the Piper giving dual. The ones I flew w/ who had to PFT were all great pilots and taught me alot. Don't be a nutsack and you might actually be tolerable on a long pairing if you ever make it out of the Seminole. So I guess you think the same about the old Comair, Express One (Pinnacle) and ASA guys? Anyway, in response to the original question, i'd come here after seeing how things are at the other regionals w/ pay, contract, etc... For me I was gonna go to ASA, but then they just left all of us in the pool until like last week, so I really was actually fortunate to get in here like I did. Furlough may happen, but you'd also get like 8 months of 121 jet time if worse comes to worse. I'd say come here over MOST of the other regionals. Sure upgrade is a bit longer, but the company is really cool

Last edited:
Windsor said:
I'm in the april 10th class. I'm keeping my options open as to stayin on or not. I have an interview with a jet cargo carrier that is saying 12-18 mos upgrade. I'll take that over the 3-5 years that XJT said during the interview. If you log on to expressjetpilots website, you can get some info directly from what their pilots are saying about the situation.

XJet is a good job. Knowing what I know now though, go get the PIC as fast as you can. Careful on what they are telling you on the upgrade. Unless you personally know people there who have upgraded in that time span, they may just be blowing smoke to get you there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back