• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT MIA Base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah I heard the same thing in the TC, but I thought they said 5 then 20 more. Not a total of 20. Either way, more planes is good even if they are 135s. Fun plane to fly once you get your bags stowed.

I sure hope we're not growing at eagle's expense.

Then the airline bean counters should be sh!t canned. At 100 buck oil those things only logical place is basking in the sun or containing my beer.

Latest rumor running around is XJT to get contract for 20 ERJs to do regional flying for AMR out of MIA. Replacement of Eagle ATR flying since the ATRs are being returned. How many ERJs does XJT have left in the desert? Maybe this is why AMR is rushing to get a deal done with APA to contract flying out to regionals other than Eagle.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/02/that-sound-you-hear-is-america.html

Highly doubt XJT will get flying until the single contract is voted on. As of now, XJT has no clue what the labor costs will be in the future... so you cant bid on flying most likely, lets hope a (good) contract gets done fast so management knows costs and will be in the running for future flying sooner than later.

Then the airline bean counters should be sh!t canned. At 100 buck oil those things only logical place is basking in the sun or containing my beer.

If that is what the customer wants then who cares what the price of fuel is. Now, if management agrees to do it at a loss, then I would agree. I don't think this management would do that but of course I've been wrong before.

xJet isn't bidding on any new flying for the reason their labor costs are a massive question mark without a contract. However, Skywest Holdings is offering financial assistance to AMR in exchange for flying. No, they have not accepted it yet, but I would be extremely hesitant to think that xJet has any growth of any kind without a contract ratified for its pilots and a seniority list for the combined carrier. Negotiations continue, and the union line they are towing is that the list hasnt been discussed at all per ALPA bylaws. Is anyone buying that line thoug....

If that is what the customer wants then who cares what the price of fuel is. Now, if management agrees to do it at a loss, then I would agree. I don't think this management would do that but of course I've been wrong before.

The customer doesn't have a farking clue what they are boarding, but they do care about price. As does Jeffery and cost effective and the 135 died when oil hit 45 bucks. It's sign of how pathetic Colgan that the tiny jets are even coming out of the desert.

I remember David Siegel bragging about how they would replace the 1900 markets because people would rush to get away from turboprops. 5 years later we had 30 of those things plugging up places like EWR on former mainline city pairs and Commutair was flying 1900's on former COEX 1900 markets. No wonder they got parked. I guarantee you Unical is actively pursuing a plan to put those things right back in the desert.

The customer doesn't have a farking clue what they are boarding, but they do care about price. As does Jeffery and cost effective and the 135 died when oil hit 45 bucks. It's sign of how pathetic Colgan that the tiny jets are even coming out of the desert.

I remember David Siegel bragging about how they would replace the 1900 markets because people would rush to get away from turboprops. 5 years later we had 30 of those things plugging up places like EWR on former mainline city pairs and Commutair was flying 1900's on former COEX 1900 markets. No wonder they got parked. I guarantee you Unical is actively pursuing a plan to put those things right back in the desert.

United is our customer, not the passengers. I'm talking about United. If they want us to fly them for a week, then fine. They are the customer. I'm sure the fact that United pays the leases, whether they sit or fly, has something to do with the fact that they are coming back.

Whoa,
Remember, you all work for SKYW Inc. Before you get your chubbies all worked up remember history. You will bid MIA, buy a house, move your family, get the kids into the new school, acquire a taste for Cuban food, and 3 months later the announcement that your domicile is closing, but the newest addition to the SKYW domicile menu will be Minot ND, and you will have bidding preference. Buying and selling housing based on SKYW's business flavor of the minute is a krapshoot on a good day, on a bad day you will have all the krap you can eat....

Latest resources

Back