• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT MEC declares war on ASA pilots.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you're going to withold good trips from senior bidders so that junior bidders can have a better schedule? YGTBSM! Don't you ExpressJet people understand how seniority works? Why don't we just do away with the seniority system?

Where did I say that?

You said:
"With a work rule that says a certain percentage of trips are required to be left in open time."

You said, "So you're going to withold good trips from senior bidders so that junior bidders can have a better schedule?" In what language does, "With a work rule that says a certain percentage of trips are required to be left in open time" equate to what you insinuated I said? Sorry for the sarcasm but it's just that every time a possible solution is brought up, you guys make $hit up just because it doesn't agree with your assumptions. Trust me, as the person who wrote what you quoted,you are COMPLETELY wrong about your ridiculous interpretation!

What percentage of trips or block hours? The whole point of any PBS system is to crew every possible pairing.

OK I'm ASA, and I think XJet pilots know that PBS tries to schedule as many if not all pairings as possible. I think they want a system that will have pairings created for trade and schedule enhancement AFTER the seniority pilots get theirs. Don't think BH and company will agree to that though. But nothing wrong with trying either.

I think there is an extremely important piece of information missing here. This took ASA guys a while to get used to, but now they know it's true. The idea behind a good PBS system is to get you a schedule most suited to your likes THE FIRST TIME; within your seniority of course. Therefore, line improvement bidding becomes largely unnecessary. We have the open time windows, but there are probably more people picking up additional time than there are trading trips out.

Every 3-4 pairings in open-time,is potentialy another full schedule for a guy that would have been on reserve.

PBS ALREADY does that without taking the extra step.

I also love how XJT's opposition to Flightline is that it on very rare occasions might not completely honor seniority...yet in the next breath they want a system that withholds pairings from the initial seniority bidding and puts them in a ILIW pot where whomever gets the computer first/quickest can improve their schedule the most. Doesn't make sense

PBS ALREADY does that without taking the extra step.

I also love how XJT's opposition to Flightline is that it on very rare occasions might not completely honor seniority...yet in the next breath they want a system that withholds pairings from the initial seniority bidding and puts them in a ILIW pot where whomever gets the computer first/quickest can improve their schedule the most. Doesn't make sense

Yea it doesn't have to i guess... we still don't want PBS

Latest resources

Back