• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT MEC declares war on ASA pilots.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd rather not resort to personal insults here. We had a fairly informative thread going.

Me neither, but stop saying that "XJT people don't understand how PBS works crap" It's pretty clear ASA guys ONLY know one type of PBS. Fair enough?

I'm also not trying to get wrapped around which contract is "better". Since neither one of us is on the JNC or MEC, our opinions on contract language are not really that important.

Good point. With that in mind, don't make the statement that the XJT contract is irrelevant. Said it in this thread before, you're not paying attention. ASA PBS software doesn't work with the XJT PBS, square peg in a round hole. ASA PBS = concession. There's NO guaranty that the PBS paramaters can conform to the CBA. So sorry, it is relevant.

It's called a joint contract for a reason. Who cares where we came from -- we need to focus on where we want to be.

Agreed. Let's start with the ASA MEC that broke confidentiality and get them removed/recalled. Since they can't be trusted with one 1) Keeping their mouths shut and 2) Can't be trusted or carry any credibility on taking us where we want to be.

What happens when the credit window is high? Do they ALL get the "good trips"

Doesn't matter what the window is. If you are senior, you pick your trips first. The window only determines how much credit you have to have. Here in ATL, the bottom of the window is never all that bad. It's higher in the summer and very low in the winter. IAD has had problems, but that is a staffing issue, not a PBS issue as has already been pointed out to you.

dojetdriver said:
Who said ANYTHING about withholding trips from senior bidders?

You did above. You want a way for the junior people who get crappy lines to be able to improve their lines. Where exactly will those trips come from if you don't withold them or take them from senior pilots?

Agreed. Let's start with the ASA MEC that broke confidentiality and get them removed/recalled. Since they can't be trusted with one 1) Keeping their mouths shut and 2) Can't be trusted or carry any credibility on taking us where we want to be.

Boy, you guys are more arrogant than Delta pilots. Now you are telling us how to run our MEC. Maybe you should just deal with your own problems and stop lecturing us. Obviously your MEC isn't listening to your pilots. It's safe to say that most of your pilots don't want PBS. Why is your MEC now pushing PBS? Your MEC is out there on their own pushing a method you don't want and a PBS system we don't want.

You did above. You want a way for the junior people who get crappy lines to be able to improve their lines. Where exactly will those trips come from if you don't withold them or take them from senior pilots?

Nope, didn't say that at all.

I was referring to the trips that drop into open time due to transition/training/vacation conflict.

Boy, you guys are more arrogant than Delta pilots. Now you are telling us how to run our MEC.

Could you at least tell them to shut up?

Maybe you should just deal with your own problems and stop lecturing us. Obviously your MEC isn't listening to your pilots. It's safe to say that most of your pilots don't want PBS. Why is your MEC now pushing PBS? Your MEC is out there on their own pushing a method you don't want and a PBS system we don't want.

Again, ignorance. The XJT MEC has been researching PBS since 2008, when a BK filing was a possibility and the BK judge could have imposed it if it eer came to that. Can you show me where the XJT MEC is trying to push PBS on the XJT pilots? Do you have ANY emails of other form of communication that can back up that claim? I'd love to see it. You, and others are simply going on what was sound bit from a confidential executive session, NOTHING more.

Nope, didn't say that at all.

I was referring to the trips that drop into open time due to transition/training/vacation conflict.

I thought you said you undertood PBS? How do you get transition/training/vacation conflict with PBS? Here's a hint: YOU DON'T!

I thought you said you undertood PBS? How do you get transition/training/vacation conflict with PBS? Here's a hint: YOU DON'T!

Show me where I correlated the two? Quote the post. I was talking about the ability to improve the junior line holders schedule (that can happen under BOTH line bid or PBS) with the trips that drop into open time due to conflict under the line bid system. It can be done under line bid, with PBS elimination of open time, that's not an option.

Show me were I said PBS creates conflict, quote the post where I said it does.

Exactly. Proof you do not understand how we "line" bid. Since you obviously have your head in the sand the term "line bidding" is just a term to define a system by which we bid. Bidding INTO conflict allows us to maximize vacation and so on, while PBS simply lays everything around it. Nice try though, watching you defend the ASA MEC and your inferior contract is amusing. Kinda makes you wonder why the ASA management is growing the XJT side and not so much the ASA side.

Latest resources

Back