Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Eric

See you in the Wasatch!
Anyone have any details about the xjet flight that landed long on 6/23? My dad was on the flight, Gulfport to Houston. Apparently no one was hurt. My father said the plane floated a ways and touched down more than halfway down the runway. He said it took out some lights at the end. I'm glad no one was hurt, and I hope it wasn't pilot error so everyone keeps their jobs.

Man whats up with these commuter boys at calex? If I remember correctly they ran one of up in Cleveland awhile back and also in the new york area or somewhere....sounds like the training program needs to focus on landing in the touchdown zone or going around if your not stabilized.....

TrimixDeepDiver said:
Man whats up with these commuter boys at calex? If I remember correctly they ran one of up in Cleveland awhile back and also in the new york area or somewhere....sounds like the training program needs to focus on landing in the touchdown zone or going around if your not stabilized.....
You're basing your comments on the result, not what got them there?

Nova said:
You're basing your comments on the result, not what got them there?
You mean like a bridge program or a flight safety pay as you go airline ground school?

FN FAL said:
You mean like a bridge program or a flight safety pay as you go airline ground school?
By that do you mean looking at someone having an airline job but ignoring that they crossed a picket line to get there? Then yes, there is more to the story than just the RESULT.

Good Grief

TrimixDeepDiver said:
Man whats up with these commuter boys at calex?
Man what's up with anonymous individuals like yourself who fling non-constructive flame bait replete with such gems as: "..Sounds like the training program needs to focus on landing in the touchdown zone.." Wow, sounds like you have it all figured out there. Maybe you could call them up and offer your "expert" assistance.

Post your employers name. If it's a major airline, I promise you I can list at least two accidents your carrier has had with the same probable cause. The point here being that an operator having a certain type of accident or incident, particularly when it occurs more than once, does not necessarily reflect on quality of training or the pilots of that operation.

When something like this occurs, one should focus on why, and how can that type of thing be prevented from happening to me? Only a neophyte or smug dork points at the misfortune of any crew with a Nelson from The Simpsons-like attitude of "HA-HA!" So, which one are you? Rookie or Dork?

Who do you work for? Got the cajones to post your background here? Probably not.

LJDRVR
(Express Jet)

Dear Trimixdeepdiver.

I took the liberty of doing some research for you. In the last ten years, (1994-2004) the major airline for which you work has had the following accidents which share essentially the same probable cause. I found a total of two different types of probable cause, (inadvertant flight into thunderstorms were the others) but since you brought up the overuns, let's focus on these three seperate accidents:

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident as follows:
  • The flight crew's excessive airspeed and flightpath angle during the approach and landing and its failure to abort the approach when stabilized approach criteria were not met.
The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this incident as follows:
  • The pilot's misjudgment of distance, which resulted in a runway overrun.
The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this incident as follows:
  • failure of the pilot to maintain directional control and runway alignment, during the landing roll out. Factors relating to the incident were: darkness, the adverse weather condition, the wet runway, and reduced visibility due to the inadvertent encounter with heavy rain.
Using the logic of your post above, can we assume that your airline has a problem with its training department? Of course not. The truth is much more complicated, and deserves better treatment and condideration than our insipid ramblings on flightinfo.

Now, instead of innuendo and hyperbole, would anyone like to talk about the organizational, cultural, training, operational and other human factors issues that make up the latent pathogens in our organazations that eventually cause these accidents?

Or is it much more fun to just say: "Ha Ha!"?

Last edited:
stuart716 said:
BURN!!!!!!!!!!! he told you
There's a new, hip, happening term that us kids* use for this nowadays: "OWNED!" ^_^ It's more usually spelled PWNED.

(* Sure I count, I'm 17, plus 8 years experience!)

Latest resources

Back