xjt furlough I saw it coming

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

air cowboy

Now that it is official and the numbers are out-In early 2007 I saw the furlough coming and wanted to let people know, but clowns like superpilot92 and secret squirrel bashed me so bad that the thread was closed. "We're hiring 60 a month you retard" etc. etc.

These forums can be a great tool for staying informed and helping to make wise career decisions, but it's too bad some have to be so immature. I feel really bad for the 350 fo's at xjt that are getting furloughed. Had they been informed, many could have went to other companies and avoided this.

Here's the thread:
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=93507

Now that it is official and the numbers are out-In early 2007 I saw the furlough coming and wanted to let people know, but clowns like superpilot92 and secret squirrel bashed me so bad that the thread was closed. "We're hiring 60 a month you retard" etc. etc.

These forums can be a great tool for staying informed and helping to make wise career decisions, but it's too bad some have to be so immature. I feel really bad for the 350 fo's at xjt that are getting furloughed. Had they been informed, many could have went to other companies and avoided this.

Here's the thread:
Nothing like trying to toot your own horn. but I do agree. why, when at the time there were other options, and everybody knew that this was going to be the outcome at some point. But I don't fault people for thinking their company was doing the right thing, unfortunately mang is never doing the right thing. XJT chose go on there own only to lose a ton and come back to CO on its knees, losing more than they would have. But I think the intent of this thread is wrong. The #9 post had way to much koolaid! on your old forum

Well aren't you just special!?!?! I'm glad that you can see into the future. What's your next prediction???

02-06-07 Post #9 from link:

You can't have a furlough at the same time you are hiring 60+ first officers per month..... Furlough is not even something on the horizon.

The next time the F word should even appear on this board is 2008 as CO announces the extension or retraction of our current contract for another 69 aircraft. Not another word....

Here's the thread:

Here's my prediction: Gas prices will be high, furloughs will continue at most airlines.

What's your point? Picking any airline to fly can be risky because you don't know what circumstances may change the game tomorrow. Skywest seems like a good company, but if United ceased operations tomorrow they'd be in a world of hurt.

Why would anyone listen to you? If I was trying to get career advice I certainly would not do it from an message board where people don't sign their real names.

Here's the thread:

Congrats Champ :rolleyes:. Keep pretending you have a crystal ball and you saw the price of oil about to skyrocket. I hope you got rich off of your expectations :rolleyes:. Things change on a daily basis in this industry and being the psychic that you are you already know that :cool:. Congrats on your forecasting ability and dont worry i avoided the furloughs at XJT.

Last edited:
Here's my prediction: Gas prices will be high, furloughs will continue at most airlines.

What's your point? Picking any airline to fly can be risky because you don't know what circumstances may change the game tomorrow. Skywest seems like a good company, but if United ceased operations tomorrow they'd be in a world of hurt.

Why would anyone listen to you? If I was trying to get career advice I certainly would not do it from an message board where people don't sign their real names.

Very well said. It's to unpredictable of a career. I was an ACA'er back in the day, well, you all know the story. Great airline, future, and within months it was all gone (for me anyways).

Latest resources

Back