• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

100/hour/5y

From Yahoo DAL Board

"Hows this for an LCC rumor.

DAL drastically downsizing mainline presence in Salt Lake City. SLC has always been a marginally profitable hub.

Delta expects to improve profits in it's SLC hub by contracting with Expressjet Airlines to supplement Skywests route structure thru-out the west.

With the codeshare alliance soon to be approved between DAL,CAL, NWA, Delta also expects to reduce it's mainline presence in DFW and sell seats thru it's new codeshare partner CAL. DAL has had enough of going head to head with AMR in DFW.

FROM CALFOURMS
" I heard this from a really good friend of mine last night while commuting home, he said Jim Ream came into his ground school class and told them that Express may be going to Denver and that they would be flying under "different" colors. What ever that means"

Look at like this guys,

DAL,CAL,NWA codeshare agreement is approved. CAL has already reduced our block hours, more planes coming with no where to park them.

New aircraft will be moved to SLC to keep the money inside the alliance kingdom instead of giving the profit to SKYWEST

Last edited:
100/hour/5y-

I'm kinda confused on your reasoning. Why would DAL want Expressjet to come to SLC to as you say "to keep the money inside the alliance kingdom instead of giving the profit to SKYWEST". As far as I understand it, if Skywest makes money Delta makes money. Why would DAL now want to spread the wealth with CAL/Expressjet AND Skywest.

It seems to me DAL would be getting a smaller piece of the pie. Would Expressjet be flying as Continental express in SLC or would they become another Delta Connection contract carrier?

Might be Comair???

Heard this one in class tonight....we had an FA brief on their duties and how the AED works and she said she heard from "reliable sources" that we were going into SLC. Now, I don't know if that means we'll be putting a 70 on a CVG-SLC route, or if Dallas is a smokescreen for us to actually move into SLC.

Man, these rumors are wild! Another one is that Las Vegas is looking for an international carrier to come in. Supposedly they're willing to spend lots of $$ for terminal/tax break, etc. DAL/DCI would move in and operate there.

Again, the previous were unsubstantiated rumors...just passing them on...

I think XJET going into SLC is a very long shot. I don't see any reason why we would go there. There is no talk here of making the move to SLC at all. With that said stranger things have happened.

As far as Denver, its a pretty rampid rumor. Even mainline pilots are talking about it, so it must be true :D . That would big time help the furloughed situation for both mainline and express. As always though, I'll believe it when I see it.

Latest resources

Back