Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DelphinDriver

Midlifecrisis
I got the call from Express Jet too. Just curious to know what kind of training contract they have, if any. If so, is there a probation period????

There is no training contract at XJT. Probation lasts one year.

Thanks for the info guys,

Superpilot, Ive seen your post alot on this board. Its cool how you stick up for your company. Im tired of all the complaining, but i guess thats what us pilots do best.

I am not one to complain, i am at the company i wanted to work at and i am based in my home town. cant beat that. Plus this job is what you make of it. Its work but it sure beats a desk.

Last edited:
Do you guys have any idea if XJet would accept sim time towards their minimums? I have filled out their online application a few times, and it always specifies no sim time.

Is there any other way in? I'm a sim instructor, so I've got sim time, but not a lot of flight time. I have 225+ hours of A319/320 sim and ftd instruction given/received.

On the same token, is there any airline that will accept sim time?

i dont think they will. I had a buddy who did the right seat deal at one of the sim companies and he had a whole bunch in a falcon and they wouldnt count it. Its a shame though because the sims probably make you better anyway because its generally all emergencies or abnormals.

mynameisjim said:
Do you guys have any idea if XJet would accept sim time towards their minimums? I have filled out their online application a few times, and it always specifies no sim time.

Is there any other way in? I'm a sim instructor, so I've got sim time, but not a lot of flight time. I have 225+ hours of A319/320 sim and ftd instruction given/received.

I heard they were looking for guys with A319 and A320 sim time. Good luck!

mynameisjim said:

You should apply with SEGA airlines out of Tokyo. They operate an entire fleet of simulated airliners. They have a pretty young pilot group, too. I bet the layovers are fun - complete with popsicles and all the JOLT you can drink. Most of their trips are on the weekend or after your homework is done.

You would be based in an arcade at first, but could eventually move up to being based at home.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Latest resources

Back