XJ: Shuold I stay or should I go?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
xjhawk said:
well, the issue for me is taking a regional job that starts out at 19 an hour, sure most regionals go right to like 38 an hour.....thats right people it would take 7 years at mesaba to make what a second year FO at most regionals. But that first year is a killer, could you imagine commuting to make 15 grand somewhere....while making house payments and such! wow.....now for captains, who are going to places that actually pay something reasonable first year, i would be gone in a moment! i heard of one guy who is going to jet blue, he said it would be tough to only make 35 an hour for a year at jet blue, wow i would love to be struggling to make that much! the thing is, if you leave, you might want to come back, if you are an Fo. Imagine if we grow to have double or triple the planes we have now? then even with this messed up management it would be a good place to get the upgrade time to leave to somewhere more friendly! Thats a tough bet, I am not willing to sign any sub-industry contract to get more planes, i hope the rest of the pilot group thinks the same.

That would be a lot of growth to undo.... I don't think our SLT is up to that task. Therefor we can't be allowed to grow that much by mama redtail.

I appreciate all of the feedback. Being out of the loop at XJ it's hard to tell how fast that thing is heading south. I had a few beers with one of my class mates from Mesaba and he went to RAH in April and he seemed really excited to be there. He also said there were alot of Mesaba guys there and more were welcome. Looks like I found my tipping point. Time to fire up the resume machine. Thanks again!!

I think RAH has a two year training contract so keep that in mind in case XJ starts calling back before 2 years. But at the current pace of the bankruptcy procession at XJ that shouldn't matter. I guess do whats best for you right now is what I was taught.

Whataboutbob said:
I think RAH has a two year training contract so keep that in mind in case XJ starts calling back before 2 years. But at the current pace of the bankruptcy procession at XJ that shouldn't matter. I guess do whats best for you right now is what I was taught.

Then again, maybe one would be based in MSP within 2 years anyway...

RAH has it's good and bad. As long as things keep looking up here, there is no reason to go back. We aren't due for a brow beating from mgt until Oct '07. Hopefully by then we will have all of our flying settled and finally get the contract we deserve.

wmudriver said:
even if they call back...would you go back to what is being proposed?

NO!
But I must say I have found management even more incompetent that Mesaba at the 135 place I am at. So I am going to need to do something soon... at least the paychecks cashed at Mesaba.

turbinesurgeon said:
Managment has already proven that they can't run the business, to me that is a big risk I am not willing to take.

Don't think for a second these morons are running the show! The whole thing is scripted by Big Brother. I challenged Spongebob Jinglepants directly, about the control of Mesaba, and he didn't deny it. I told him it was a conflict of interest, and, of course, he didn't see it that way. What a Jacka$$!!!

AvroJockey said:
Don't think for a second these morons are running the show! The whole thing is scripted by Big Brother. I challenged Spongebob Jinglepants directly, about the control of Mesaba, and he didn't deny it. I told him it was a conflict of interest, and, of course, he didn't see it that way. What a Jacka$$!!!

That's been known since Bedford was shown the door.

What has this judge been doing that is working the Unions appeal? Does he work other cases simultanously, or has he been out fishing thinking things over the past few weeks? Hope he comes back soon.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back