XJ: Shuold I stay or should I go?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jumbolina

Any Mesaba guys have any insight if a guy should wait to get the call back, or is it time to freshen up the resume and press the suit for interviews? It sure is'nt looking good right now. Thanks

Get your stuff into RAH - there are a bunch of us here. The crews are easy to get along with - you'll like it!!

I have hung on for six months. The unemployment has dried up and I am now forced to find a job. I figure I lost a lot of senority somewhere but on the bright side have spent 95% of the time with my family ..... and that is one thing no fking ashole mgt pecker head can take from me. Cya

Jumbolina said:
Any Mesaba guys have any insight if a guy should wait to get the call back, or is it time to freshen up the resume and press the suit for interviews? It sure is'nt looking good right now. Thanks

Well, I'm gone for good and I know many, many others are doing the same. I'm so disgusted by the entire situation that I wouldn't go back to Mesaba for anything. What could possibly motivate anyone to return there if or when they ever "right the ship"?

Hulk Hogan said:
I have hung on for six months. The unemployment has dried up and I am now forced to find a job. I figure I lost a lot of senority somewhere but on the bright side have spent 95% of the time with my family ..... and that is one thing no fking ashole mgt pecker head can take from me. Cya
Went though the same thing with the time spent at home and with the family. Not looking forward to the commuting again. Thanks for the reply.

I wouldn't go back because Mesaba is a poor investment. There are better regionals out there hiring so why wait for some company to recall you at poverty wages and furlough you at the drop of a hat. To me that is a bad investment and I don't like to make bad investments. Managment has already proven that they can't run the business, to me that is a big risk I am not willing to take. My advice, do your homework and find a company that is worthwhile and start applying.

If you want to stay in the flying business take your chances at a regional that will let you keep your number at Mesaba. Worst case XJ folds you are on a list else where and if XJ grows you can come back. The airline business these days is not worth jumping around. But Jumbolina you are in a unique position of being furloughed which will let you possibly play two hands at once.

turbinesurgeon said:
I wouldn't go back because Mesaba is a poor investment. There are better regionals out there hiring so why wait for some company to recall you at poverty wages and furlough you at the drop of a hat. To me that is a bad investment and I don't like to make bad investments. Managment has already proven that they can't run the business, to me that is a big risk I am not willing to take. My advice, do your homework and find a company that is worthwhile and start applying.

This is extremely good advice, and very, very accurate.

Perhaps we can trade to get Bedford back; will RAH take our 2nd round pick next year? :laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back