• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ FCC radio license

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not too certain about the present, but a little over 2 years ago they did want you to have it. You will need it by the time you're done with training. Just make sure you get the right thing, had a classmate of mine end up with his own AM radio station callsign.

Its been years since I got mine, but I remember it being very simple. Fill out a form online, pay a few bucks, it comes in the mail in a couple weeks. I think you can even print out your temporary one online.

Just go get it.

I just interviewed there two weeks ago. Yes they do require it. In point of fact, the word I get is that they'll send you home if you don't have it. I also heard that if you can show them the receipt saying that you ordered one, that is acceptable.

I think that pretty much everyone wants you to have one.

My FCC permit is pretty ragged and falling apart so I went to the FCC website to see about getting a duplicate. They wanted a $110 fee so I guess I will laminate my old one and make due with what I have. I don't recall paying any fee when I got mine back in 1995.

My FCC permit is pretty ragged and falling apart so I went to the FCC website to see about getting a duplicate. They wanted a $110 fee so I guess I will laminate my old one and make due with what I have. I don't recall paying any fee when I got mine back in 1995.
I just paid 65 dollars for my brand new one.

I hear they want you to bring in a radio, too. Something nice, like a Collins. None of the King junk.

Yeah, get it soon, because the money it costs you will seem like a fortune once you start. 65 bucks is going to be a big deal pretty soon....

Latest resources

Back