• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Xe + ev = 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seniority integration should be by some form of relative seniority. In the rare case of a tie-breaker, DOH would be the determining factor.

I'm with ASA and I would greatly benefit from a pure DOH integration, but I would lose sleep knowing that a former XJ captain was displaced to FO (or another had to work Christmas) because of me.

Pay would be based off longevity, QOL off relative seniority (and it would be mostly preserved this way), and "benefits" off DOH.

This acquisition was not our decision. But like the thread-starter said, we have a great opportunity here. Now that ASA/XJ is one big happy family, we should treat each other with respect and fairness.

If anyone has a better solution, lay it down!

I think your analysis is fairly close to how it will go. ASA pilot group generally has more longevity than the XE pilot group for the same relative seniority.

Having both lists handy, I'm about 23% on the ExpressJet list and using DOH I would be about 31% on the ASA list. That's not a huge difference but a difference none the less. A difference that could affect QOL however.

Interestingly; I was offered jobs in 2000 at both ASA and Express and at the time choose Express. Seems, in retrospect, I didn't matter :)

Last edited:
There is only one problem I see with the OO part. JA didn't want that the last time he tried to buy XE. If this gets ugly and a lawsuit gets in the way of JA's domain of non-union pilots, this could blow up the deal.

I don't pretend to know all the details of the deal or the XE scope but I am pretty sure JA might run away and look at MQ (Eagle) or whoever.

I'd love to get those guys in on the deal, but I just don't think JA wants to give up his golden egg.

Why would JA be put off by having one seniority list? I can see the problem of ALPA / SAPA integration and maybe some skyw guys worried about losing seniority, but those aren't impossible deal breakers. A reasonable solution would be reached eventually. The only reason I can think of making a firm stand on seperate lists is to keep the door open for whipsaw. Anyone have some other insight as to why a single list would be a deal breaker?

I'm excited for the chance to work with the XJT pilot group. They've been getting me to and from home for almost a year now on the JS and it's been a pleasure every time.

The one thing I do hope for out of this merger...

Super Regional Airline? then Super Regional Pay... let's hit this up coming contract hard!

There is only one problem I see with the OO part. JA didn't want that the last time he tried to buy XE. If this gets ugly and a lawsuit gets in the way of JA's domain of non-union pilots, this could blow up the deal.

I don't pretend to know all the details of the deal or the XE scope but I am pretty sure JA might run away and look at MQ (Eagle) or whoever.

I'd love to get those guys in on the deal, but I just don't think JA wants to give up his golden egg.

That's fine with me if its a deal breaker. I don't want to be part of this if its not one list. I know many others that feel the same way and letting our reps know.

Then he can go F.... himself ,as far as I am concerned one list or no deal.

I get such a kick out of post like this...all emotion! Do you even work for ASA or XJT with this as your aircraft flown?

bae j31-32,c-421,be-58.c-320-310-303.pa-44.

Skywest airlines is in the process of purchasing another airline, and or assets. It has been stated in the cincinati news paper about comair with a reply from BR, that sky could afford the deal and would make a nice fit. Even in the earnings call it was stated that sky would be involved in the consolidation of the regional buisness. Comair or eagle would certainly be problematic with the union no union buisness. They could also purchase just assets( Mesa?) and crew with new hires and avoid unionization, maybe. Organic growth is the term that I think was used.......as the zen master says we shall see.

In the Conf. call Brad Rich was asked if INC. was done acquiring for a while. He said it would be very difficult to bring on any additional flying during the integration process to ASA, so for the next 12 - 18 months. However they expect some growth both acquisition and organic on the SkyWest side.

Interesting comment indeed.

First, organic growth refers to internal factors. Hiring, buying aircraft, etc. As opposed to acquisitions.

The reason I believe the deal could be in jeopardy if the single list for all three is pushed is JA's history and past events. We tried a union campaign at OO. It failed, pretty badly. Now of course JA finally gave them the pay raise they were supposed to have gotten a couple of years prior. But, I think, the reason the previous purchase attempt of XE was stopped was the scope and merger issues. If anyone knows, directly, of another specific reason please share.

Just look at the way this purchase was done. Inc. is transferring the money to ASA who is going to purchase XJT. Why? Well to avoid the merger with non-union SKW of course.

I wouldn't put it past JA to kill the deal if he can't keep his non-union whipsaw baseball bat with which to beat us all if it came down to it.

Now, a little history. When we (ASA) were in negotiations, they dangled 15 CR9's to make us sign a concessionary contract. This was about Feb of 2006. When the union wouldn't bite, less than two weeks after the memo announcing the aircraft, they told us SKW would be getting all of them. We bit our lips and held fast. SKW did get those aircraft. Some discussion over whether we were ever really going to get them to begin with. But all they had to do was change the registrations, and they did.

Later, they threatened us with the infamous option 4 which was they would transfer all our aircraft to SKW and we would disappear. They actually did start this. When we closed SLC, they were slated to keep 13 of our CR7's. Due to costs, down time associated with transferring the mx program from one certificate to the other, they only kept 3. At one point during the breifings from our company, I said fine, since we are cheap on the CR2 and they are cheap on the CR7, they can have all of our CR7 and we will take all their CR2s. After all that would make the most business sense right??( this was before $135 per barrel oil). They didn't take me up on the plan.

They will use the whipsaw. They will not let it go without a fight or they might just kill this deal. JMHO.

Latest resources

Back