• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

X Meigs Field Closed X

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
so umm... is the class d airspace that surrounds meigs just gone now? so aircraft dont need to be in contact with meigs to enter the airspace around downtown chicago? so aircraft flying towards chicago now look less suspicious than they would have when they had to call meigs but didn't?

What pilot is going to take off on a taxiway with a G-V?

Jus leave the plane there and ask the city to pay for it.

bunnyfufu said:
so umm... is the class d airspace that surrounds meigs just gone now? so aircraft dont need to be in contact with meigs to enter the airspace around downtown chicago? so aircraft flying towards chicago now look less suspicious than they would have when they had to call meigs but didn't?

Yep - no tower, no class D - now all that airspace under the Class B over LSD, Michigan Ave, is all uncontrolled airspace - that really helps out the homeland security.

Good job mayor - you stupid a-s-s

Now that Meigs is closed a friend of mine will be losing his job. He WAS a controller there. C-172's are just so dangerous with the 50 gallons of fuel they hold. I was planning a trip to Meigs in the near future and those plans have just fell through. Hopefully AOPA steps up to the plate and puts Daley in his place.

A1FlyBoy said:
Insted of using "X" markings on the runway, the bulldozers literally ripped into the concrete... the rubble looks like a war zone and is approximatly 6 feet high....

:eek:

Seriously!! Would it have been so difficult to paint a couple of big X's on the runway instead? Talk about overkill. And, how much did this stunt cost the taxpayers of Chicago?!?

Just sad.

Northern Lights said:
Seriously!! Would it have been so difficult to paint a couple of big X's on the runway instead? Talk about overkill. And, how much did this stunt cost the taxpayers of Chicago?!?

Just sad.

that would've allowed for the possibility of civil debate about it.. you know.. democracy

i guess daley is just completely against that

How much will it cost the taxpayers of Chicago? We'll see, Daley has opened a BIG can of worms with his actions. There will probably be, at the very least, a fine levied against the city by the FAA for failure to notify them of the closing. Let the fun begin.

i want daley to repave it with his own money and then get raped in prison for the rest of his life..

edit: i'm going to fly down to meigs tomorrow if my club has an airplane available. should i just monitor its unicom frequency or what? i guess ill see if they're still broadcasting an ATIS..

Last edited:
The only thing I can do is the following.

1) I am wrighting letters to every Goverment Person I can think of.
2) I will not be goind any time soon to Chicago.
3) I will stop getting anything from Chicago. And if I fly an Airline that goes through Chicago I will change it.
4) I Will keep helping AOPA, EAA.ORG and any other organization that will keep are GA Airports protected.
5) I have setup a schedule fax every hour to fax Mr. Daley. I plan on taxing there fax machine as must as posible.
6) I have started posting in as many sites as I can.

Lets all get out the word and lets see if we can make some one notice this. Public Networks Media needs to get as many notices as posible. We need them to be on our side. Lets get them flooded with emails, Faxes and phone calls. We need to be civil in all our writings with them. We need to play there game, and win!

I think we should tear up every road into or out of Chicago at the Chicago city line. After all, trucks are known terrorist tools, aren't they?

Would it be possible to sell Chicago to Canada?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back