wx req. to be released

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

s3jetman

do you have to have the celing and visibilty to be released to your destination or just the visibity?

second quest.

if released under 3585 you can reduce your visibility by half and you dont need to, or do you, need to do anything to ceiling.

i am having an argument with another inst. about this and the following is my thought let me know if i am correct and if so what req. to use

FLL to TPA

if TPA has approach of 200 dh and 1/2 vis at eta all i have to have is 1/2sm vis.

if using 3585 i need only to look for 1/4sm vis in the conditional statements celing has nothing to do with it correct?

thank you

At the destination: main body MUST be legal - conditional statements can be as low as 1/2 the required vis

At the first alt: can be as low as one half alternate mins cig AND vis
At the second alt: must meet alternate mins

Skc Sounds Good But It Is Just The Vis Not The Celing I Mean Celing Could Be 50 Ft For Release And 3585 At Dest. Only In The Conditonal Am I Correct On Saying That?

You may need to retype that in English if you are looking for more clarification...

Visibility is the only value that matters for the destination. That includes dispatch under 3585.

Last edited:
With respect to the destination airport, it must be not less than one half of the lowest weather minimums visibility value only

With respect to the first alternate airport, the forecast weather conditions must be not less than one-half of the alternate weather minimum ceiling and visibility

With respect to the second alternate airport, the main body and the conditional remarks for ceiling and visibility must be above minimum ceiling and visibility or the second alterante airport.

Hope that helps.

You are correct. Unless the ceiling is required for the approach (not many that do) it is predicated on visibility to initiate an approach. If the crew does not have it at dh then they go missed. So, ceilings are not required for release of an aircraft to destination.

Latest resources

Back