Wwyd?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bugchaser

I have read many many interview experiences where situational questions were asked. Just curious as to some of your opinions as to the correct way to answer these.
1. Tower closed at night and pull onto a closed taxiway with the tail stuck hanging out over the runway. wwyd?

2. Notice the captains shoulder harness not on durning the take off role. wwyd?

3. Last flight out late at night, nav light out, no maint, full airplane stuck in the sticks for christmas if you don't go. wwyd?

I know that most advise to go with safety first, followed by customer service and then company image. Just curious how some of you would answer these.

1.) Call the Faa and hand over my certificate for being a jacka$$.

2.) Abort the takeoff and once we have stopped, 5-finger b!tch slap him for being so stupid.

3.) Strap Rudolf to the wing and use his nose in place of our busted navigation lights.

Josef Hauffbauer

1. Max reverse thrust and then once we're going backwards at 50 knots, stomp on the brakes.

2. Do a quick aileron roll at 100 feet to shake the b@stard loose and then say, "That's what you get! Click-it or Tick-It, beootttchhh!"

3. Nav lights? We don't need no stinkin nav lights!

ok, ok, now how would you answer these situations in an interview?

#1.... What the heck are you flying, A C-5?

#2......If your scan includes the Captain's shoulder at this critical phase
of flight, you ARE a putz of the highest order!!

#3.......It's Christmas.......as long as the green and red lights are working
, what's the problem?

1. Tower closed at night and pull onto a closed taxiway with the tail stuck hanging out over the runway. wwyd?

Full tiller, full opposite engine, hold the inside brake--good to go!

Scream "Abort, Abort, Abort", even if I were at V1. The captain must wear his shoulder harness for all critical phases of flight.

3. Last flight out late at night, nav light out, no maint, full airplane stuck in the sticks for christmas if you don't go. wwyd?

Go back inside, call everyone into a group and say "Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm sorry, but our plane has a teeny weeny wittle light out and we can't legally fly like that. So let's all head down to the snack bar and I'll buy everyone a hot dog." I'm sure they'd agree you're making the best decision.

bugchaser said:
I have read many many interview experiences where situational questions were asked. Just curious as to some of your opinions as to the correct way to answer these.

I know that most advise to go with safety first, followed by customer service and then company image. Just curious how some of you would answer these.
Okay, since all the humorous responses are taken and I'm not creative enought to come up with anything better, I'll give my take on the questions. I was actually asked question #2 during one of my interviews.

1. Make a call on CTAF to any incoming traffic warning them of the rwy obstruction you just created then get on the horn to dispatch.

2. Nothing, since it is a critical phase of flight and aborting a takeoff can be dangerous. Once you're at a safe altitude, ask the captain what's up with not wearing his/her harness. (Answer I gave during my interview and it was deemed acceptable.)

3. Call dispatch and find a nav light somewhere. Required equipment is required equipment, despite the holiday.

Simple questions to which there are no canned answers, just give it your best shot, keeping what you already know at the fore. You'll do fine. The HR people just don't want answers to the "what would John Wayne Do?" question.

Latest resources

Back