WTF is Republic doing??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know, you're right.

Their FO payscale does say "For all jet types", but the biggest "jet type" mentioned in the 2003 CBA is up to 99 seats and even the dumbest of labor attorneys should be able to slam-dunk that grievance...

Don't count on it. If I recall correctly, RAH doesn't even have a functioning union right now. How are they supposed to defend a contract, all the way to an arbitration hearing? Plus, the recent batch of arbitrators lately haven't been very labor-friendly.

It won't matter though. My prediction: RAH already knows how to get around the scope they agreed to, and Frontier will be operated as a wholly owned subsidiary without merging the lists.

Don't count on it. If I recall correctly, RAH doesn't even have a functioning union right now. How are they supposed to defend a contract, all the way to an arbitration hearing? Plus, the recent batch of arbitrators lately haven't been very labor-friendly.

It won't matter though. My prediction: RAH already knows how to get around the scope they agreed to, and Frontier will be operated as a wholly owned subsidiary without merging the lists.

Nope can't do that. If approved, the list must be merged per CBA and our union has been functioning Better under the current trustee than it has been for the past 6 years under the direction of our crooked business agent T.M and G.S

Only time will tell.

Why would they want to have separate lists??? A320 + regional pay = profits. They have the obedient RAH pilots already covered the problem will be with frontier pilots, wich will be no problem at all during these hard unemployement times. Accept the terms or be replaced.

Last edited:
WOW! 35hr to fly a 320 where do sign? Sad. Sums it up. I'm retiring at a regional. Time to go back to school?

You know, you're right.

Their FO payscale does say "For all jet types", but the biggest "jet type" mentioned in the 2003 CBA is up to 99 seats and even the dumbest of labor attorneys should be able to slam-dunk that grievance...

Arbitrators always default to "plain language" to make decisions if its available. That language is pretty damned clear. I doubt an arbitrator would even bother reading the legal briefs after reading the plain contract language. "All jets" is all jets. Period. What a frickin' disgrace.

And Republic will now get a paycheck from United that it will use to compete with Frontier against United in DEN. Wonder how United likes that?

Doesn't matter as long as Republic DBA Chautauqa and Shuttle does not violate the terms of the contract, unless UA goes into bankruptcy or the contract expires. In either of those cases, RAH can send the aircraft back to the lessors.

No one else ( Jetblue etc ) will step up to buy Frontier, simply because this new stand alone carrier will fail miserably thus removing Frontier as compitition..... other carriers will just sit back and watch a stand alone Republic sink like the titanic.

Arbitrators always default to "plain language" to make decisions if its available. That language is pretty damned clear. I doubt an arbitrator would even bother reading the legal briefs after reading the plain contract language. "All jets" is all jets. Period. What a frickin' disgrace.

A complete frickin' disgrace! 100% agreed...

Latest resources

Back