• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wrench writes MEL and Lays out Captain?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
who uses wiper blades? I prefer to just let the rain blow off the windscreen as opposed to the loud and disctracting wiper blades on short final. I think they do more harm than good but thats just my 2 cents.

who uses wiper blades? I prefer to just let the rain blow off the windscreen as opposed to the loud and disctracting wiper blades on short final. I think they do more harm than good but thats just my 2 cents.

I agree for inflight purposes, but I do use them on the ground. different plane though

At my last company we had a fellow mechanic who was sort of known for being a d-bag and running his mouth too much. One night we were standing at the parts room window as he began yelling at the parts clerk. The next thing we saw was feet dangling off of the counter as he was snatched throught and wailed on. However, when all of the "witnesses" were called to the carpet to say what happened our answer was unanimous....we didn't see a thing. Nobody lost their job and the guy in question got a much needed attitude adjustment!

CHQ isn't CAT II anyway. Also, unless ya'll are out there RainX'ing the windscreen during turns, I've always found the ERJ wipers to be quite beneficial during anything more than light rain.

They will manage to park if inadvertantly activated at 290kts.....I accidentally hit the switch reaching for the sinvisor rail once as an FO.

Sorry Brown-I guess that wrench across your lip must have smarted.

-Nothing a litte ice won't cure-unlike your rather severe case of STUPID.

Speaking of stupid, he said mechanic. Not french fryer!
Get back to work burger boy. It's not break time yet!

Last edited:
why do some pansies think that everytime something doesn't go right, someone has to loose their job. Shut the hell up.

Because plaintiff's attorneys make the rules these days...maybe you didn't get the memo on that.

Personally, it sounds to me like the CA had it coming.

yep sounds like it to me too. i know some "highly, highly knowledgeable" pilots that need to have that s#*t slapped out of them. :uzi:

-1 for taking the quote out of context. Were you a news reporter in a past life?

I know the captain. He's a good guy. He is meticulous, thorough and highly, highly knowledgeable. These are good qualities in any pilot.

Uh huh. That's not exactly what I've heard from others.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back