• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wow, Delta's Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No- it doesn't concern me. Nor does it concern most of us. How much does Hawaiian code share?

Actually, Hawaiian codeshares extensively. Korean, ANA, Virgin Australia, Atlantic and America, JetBlue AA and more. We would be a lot smaller airline if we didn't codeshare.
As for the rest, I am simply saying it is very complex to be able to generalize that they are all sellouts...and every pilot group has some blood on their hands that has contributed to the situation.

Codesharing is different to me than outsourcing-

These are contracts to do flying as express carriers with mainline paint schemes and logo on the tail. Not just sell tickets on another airline to expand the networks-

At its base- it's a seniority scam- split the career up and dilute seniority

Codesharing is different to me than outsourcing-

These are contracts to do flying as express carriers with mainline paint schemes and logo on the tail. Not just sell tickets on another airline to expand the networks-

At its base- it's a seniority scam- split the career up and dilute seniority

Not every plane can fit on every route, Wave. Southwest didn't want 717s, so they are paying DL to get rid of them. As a result, SWA is dropping 17 cities that AT used to fly to. Obviously, SWA 737s can't make money on all routes.

Hawaiian will be outsourcing to several islands using Empire Airlines, utilizing ATR-42s. Even though they used to fly DC9s to Lanai and Molokai, and used to fly Dash-7s into those two and Kapalua, they will now use ATRs flown by Empire. Hawaiian Airlines made the decision to return to those cities, but at a certain price. Should Hawaiian avoid those 3 airports if they can't afford putting mainline planes (717s) into Lanai, Molokai, and Kapalua (couldn't handle a 717 anyway)??? SWA doesn't seem to care about those 17 ex AT cities, but the 3 in Hawaii might make a difference for Hawaiian.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General, you are right-
It's absolutely the same thing- Hawaiian codesharing with an atr op serving molokai is exactly the same as your RJ's connecting CVG-JFK/LGA/EWR

GL, there are 10 daily delta flights from Cincinnatti-( a delta hub and metropolitan population of 2.1Million people) to New York's 3 airports-( a metro area consisting of an EAS worthy 19million)

All 10 are RJs of various sizes.

Not one mainline airport between those two major markets

Want me to continue? I dare you to find 1 CR9 connecting a small market- they don't do that- they supplement mainline flying- that's all they do- and all they're going to do- its too big for anything else

There's not a remote connection to Hawaiian hooking up with a small turboprop operator- and honestly- I wouldn't be against SWA doing it- they just haven't expressed a desire to.

Your schtick is BS man- just excuses-

I don't care if delta wants to fly that size aircraft- Theyre the business end- I'm just saying jets of that size ought to be flown by mainline pilots- that ought not be controversial among pilots. But with DALPA....anything less than 2 aisles isn't worthy, right Gen?

Someone's pissed that the legacies are now able to compete with Southwest from a cost and fare standpoint. She wouldn't be having this argument if the legacies weren't becoming stronger every passing month and southwest wasn't struggling with cost increases that are becoming harder to control. Many of the pilots currently at regionals will soon get hired by a legacy and upgrade well before wavey has a chance to at sw. And the thought of that is throwing her estrogen levels out of whack.

Yeah- that's it- I didn't know I wouldn't have the chance to interview at a legacy if I wanted to do that-
I love flying for southwest- and am unvoncerned with upgrade believe me- but if you think rj's are the reason legacies are more profitable now than they were- you don't know the RJ

I am as sincere as I can get- rj's outsourced are flat out bad for ALL of our careers- it's that simple

Wave,

Why don't you guys fly to CVG? Why haven't you taken some of your LGA slots to MDW from LGA and swapped them to CVG? Maybe there is a reason.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Want me to continue? I dare you to find 1 CR9 connecting a small market- they don't do that- they supplement mainline flying- that's all they do- and all they're going to do- its too big for anything ?

ATLMGM daily service one off the top of my head. Goes to MGM in the evening and flys back to ATL the following morning.

Wave,

Why don't you guys fly to CVG? Why haven't you taken some of your LGA slots to MDW from LGA and swapped them to CVG? Maybe there is a reason.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You're right General!

Southwest should immediately purchase CRJ-900's (flown at C-plan rates) and put them on LGA-CVG. What was Gary thinking?

Thanks Buddy!

Oh wait, we don't have a CBA that allows that. We'll have to work on it.

Southwest didn't want 717s, so they are paying DL to get rid of them.
Delta is paying to early out of some 50 seat lift and "upgauge" to larger aircraft (including the B717). Southwest is paying to early out some 120 seat lift and "upgauge" to larger B737-700s and -800s. Southwest and Delta aren't the only two airlines "upgauging" right now due to higher fuel prices. What is your point General?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back