Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would you send a student to this school?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DUATS

I saw an ad on another website advertising for full time flight instuctors. Towards the end of the ad was this line:

"Do not apply if you have more than 550 hours tt."

Would you recommend a flight school that only wants to hire inexperienced pilots?

Last edited:
I wonder what makes 550 magical vs say 600TT?

Would you recommend a flight school that only wants to hire inexperienced pilots?
Depends.
Why? Why are they looking for inexperienced? Could be they have a really good intern/mentor program where inexperienced CFIs are mentored, guided, and molded into really good instructors....

Older, more experienced instructors are hard to teach anything.....

Depends.
Why? Why are they looking for inexperienced? Could be they have a really good intern/mentor program where inexperienced CFIs are mentored, guided, and molded into really good instructors....

Older, more experienced instructors are hard to teach anything.....

I'll have to agree with this. Good point actually.
Experienced instructors can be a complete pain.

You could always call the flight school and ask why they have this policy. Might be an interesting call.......

Its possible some flight schools only will allow you to teach for a certain amount of time or under "contract expiration" terms, then they boot you so they can fill your spot with students who graduated from their program.....Don't know all the facts or if this is a fact. But I when I visited DCA back in 2005, this is how one pilot instructor explained the big academies to me...He then said if you're "good" with management, they may allow you to stay longer he said it depended on who you knew....Another Instructor I met at Regional Airline Academy said the same thing. He was from DCA. He said that once he earned about 500 HRS, they showed em the door....He could of been being an ***hole to them, but that makes two. It's also could be part of their 141 "Complete training" program if they have such...BTW which flight school was this???

Latest resources

Back