Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would You Rather Instruct Pt. 61 or 141?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Would You Rather Instruct Pt. 61 or 141?

• I would rather teach at a part 61 school

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • I would rather teach at a part 141 school

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
141 v. 61

I preferred Part 141 over Part 61. I liked having the structure and organization and, I feel, it was good for my students. I felt that most of the time it made for more standardized training and a better product at the end. Everyone knew what was expected of them.

Now, if you want to discuss 141 self-examining authority, that's another kettle of fish altogether.

Last edited:
I taught at a 61 school and was busy as ever. I had full medical benifits, taught evening groundschools for extra $ and 401k options. I taught kids from age 14-68. It was also nice to break up the routine by doing sightseeing and photo flights here and there. For students we used the JEPP sylibus and did stage checks. Just didn't have the paper work like 141 does. Also I got to wear shorts and running shoes in the summer. There are great 141 and 61 schools along with crappy ones of each. Don't narrow it down to 61 vs 141 look at the whole picture. As my third summer there I was pulling in $2100 a month, working my butt off, and we were still having to put students on waiting lists.

Latest resources

Back