Would you do it, PDT to Republic???????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sucit

Just want to know what the guys that have left PDT for Republic are thinking and anyone at PDT or Republic. I have been at PDT 3+ and would be about 20-30 slots from an upgrade at PDT. That could be another 2 years or never or maybe if we get another 300 or two and CA start leaving by the end of the year. My QOL is great now, but I am not a PDT lifer and want to get PIC time and get out of here. I am sure I am not the only person with this perdic as many of us have options at other airlines that we did not have 4 years ago. So, what you think make a latteral move or play the cards I have been delt and hope for the best?

If you went to Republic, it would be 2-3 years before you upgrade. Ask yourself this: would you upgrade before then at PDT? I'd imagine you probably would. Not to mention you'd probably have to move/commute, be on reserve for awhile, etc. as a newhire.

With the majors starting to finally hire, the regionals will start trending towards the revolving doors that they were several years ago. Your upgrade may come faster than you think.

I'd say stay... you really aren't going to gain much by going to Republic.... Unless right now you have a tough commute or just really want to fly a jet, its not worth the move. The time to upgrade will probably be the same at this point for you, so you may as well stay there and not have to go through all the hassle of moving and changing jobs.... Unless you are really unhappy there....

Do it dude!
My only concern would be can you take the pay hit for two
years or so before you catch up.

PDT upgrades? Haha! What, 10-12 a year? Real question is when are we going to park planes and begin to downgrade CAs? I'd leave, I'm gonna do it soon myself.

Your time < 1 year, go!
Your time >1 year < 3 years, can't hurt...
Your time >3 years, stay...for now, anyway.

Be where your quality of life will be best. Consider what will happen if and when the age 65 rule goes into effect. Everyone planning on their two year upgrades at RAH/CHQ/SKW/EXJ/whatever and planning on being at a major in 4 might be rudely suprised when the projected retirements don't happen that they are counting on. If you are where your quality of life is best you will be happiest and be able to stay and not hate life. Choose to be someplace you could be for a while and weather any storms.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back