• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would you do it, PDT to Republic???????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
4 year FO pay at PDT is just the same as what you get on the 2nd year at Republic (or even less compared to most other jet-regionals).

Just got to survive the first year, I guess, then its all good from then on.

I would stay and hope for the upgrade. If you are that close and have a good life style I think it should be a no brainer

On a serious note: I have worked at CHQ for the past 2 years. Upgrades will be steady for awhile longer, but todays 2 year upgrade is tomorrows, 10+. As we get bigger it will take longer for FO hired today to upgrade. Do not make a decision to come to CHQ based on being a captain in two years. If you do you will be seriously disspointed.

This place treats its employees with complete disdain. It is all about stockholder value, and we are just cogs. This place has no soul. They will screw you in every imaginable way, and violate the pilot contract at will.

If you can put up with all of that, and your upgrade might be more like 4+ years with growth and attrition, then join the party. Otherwise make sure you think things through real hard, and don't believe a word they tell you in the interview.

See above post for speeding upgrade at PDT

A friend of mine and I started working for a t-prop regional in 2004. I was 8 months senior to him. I left after a year and a half to go to another regional. SJS, better pay, qol, etc..... I am now a first year F/O at my third regional. He will be starting at Airtran this spring. Avoid lateral moves. Get the PIC.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back