• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mattpilot

Finally! Graphical TFRs!!
http://www.flight.cz/cricri/english/index.php

From what i gather, the plane itself doesn't weigh more than 140lbs and MTOW is 375 lbs.

Engines are either: "Common are engines from lawnmower, motor-cycles, and also from RC models. ..... jet power".

Horse power range is between 18hp & 40hp. :) Cruise speed is 100kts. G loads are +9 and -4.5.

Roughly 150 exist today - of which 110 are in france and 20 in the US. First flight was in '73.

The question is, would ya fly it ? :) And if yes, would ya log it for the purpose of getting a jet job at the airlines ? :) "yes sir-ee bob, i have 500 hours jet time in the cri-cri!"

Now if ya want one, you will have to build one yourself. You can buy the plans from the designer, but no one actually manufactures kits or anything.

They also got 5 videos on the posted website - looks fun. They also have a cri-cri to download for ms flight sim... might wanna check that out ;)

Last edited:
Multi-engine turbine PIC, baby! The only problem is where to get the type!

of which 110 are in france

Why am I not surprised? They definitely march to a different drummer over there, don't they? (Maybe these things comprise the Offensive Wing of the French Air Force!)

You bet I would. However, no way in hell I'm going to attempt a 9G turn to see if the wings stay on!!

2000Flyer

I have a fantasy-lust thing going for the Cri-Cri.
Cheap, fun. Haven't heard anything about 'safe', anyone seen any typical accident reports.
My wife would have my a$$.

probably...
looks like it would be fun to fly it

It was in 1971, when aircraft designer Michel Colomban started work on this small aircraft with two engines. His target was to build small, economis plane with two engines, which would be able to flying also some aerobatic maneuvers. Price of this plane shouldn't exceed 1000 USD, including two engines - these prises are from 1970, of course:). Constructional works took around 1500 working hours, and than was Cri-Cri plane, which name is after nickname of Michel's daughter, prepared for it's first flight.

Yea, yea, yea...1971 prices. WTF is up with that? Heck, back in 1971 I could get a 1976 police package Ford Torino for 800.00 bucks...wait a minute, no I couldn't. But you get what I mean...heck, I think you could get a brand new Barron for 800.00 or 1,900.50 back then. Depending on whether or not you took the PND and GPS package.

FN FAL said:
Yea, yea, yea...1971 prices. WTF is up with that? Heck, back in 1971 I could get a 1976 police package Ford Torino for 800.00 bucks...wait a minute, no I couldn't. But you get what I mean...heck, I think you could get a brand new Barron for 800.00 or 1,900.50 back then. Depending on whether or not you took the PND and GPS package.

Heeere's your calculator:

http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

$1000 in 1970 is over $5000 today.

Latest resources

Back