Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MarineGrunt

Will kill for peace.
Seems like Midwest doesn't want much to do with them anymore since they got snubbed on the RFP.

Discuss...

Last edited:
No.

Anyways, this deal is just a small poision pill for Airtran. Midwest has had the rfp out for what, over 9 months, and now within 2 weeks of the Airtran PR all of a sudden they pick SkyWest.

Good for SkyWest though. We get paid for every takeoff or if the airtran deal goes through and if Airtran doesn't want us they would have to buy out our 5 year contract. Win-win situation for SkyWest.

Sort of an interesting thought though... SkyWest buys Skyway and sizeable portion of Midwest - enough to insulate them from the AirTran takeover, in exchange for a long term contract. Would also be win-win for Midwest and maybe the Skyway guys as well.

Just trying to spark discussion cause I'm bored...

I see what you're getting at. Midwest in bed with SkyWest and then Airtran could be the one getting bought out.

You mean to own a piece of Midwest like Whiskey did with US Air? Not Jerry Atkin's style. Highly doubtfull.

Dont mean to change topics but I read the press release and am still confused about where those initial 15 RJ's will be comming from. It sounded like they will be taken from the current fleet of SkyWest's RJ's? IF that is the case, why do we have 15 spare airplanes. Or are there going to be additional RJ's added to the current fleet? Just curious

-Thanks

I see ZERO value in us. 1900's going away, EAS routes going away in 18 months, and 328's that nobody wants(besides us), hence the fact they're all growing mold sitting on the ramp in MYR. My intuition(as well as a lot of folks I've talked to at work) is that we will be no more than commisary for someone within the next few years. It's a nice thought though, being bought out and on a more stable seniority list somewhere though.

All of this is not being negative of our company, just reality when morale here is the lowest I've ever seen it. We got people running from here at a pace of roughly 5-10 a month. That may not seem like much, but when we only have 175ish or so on the list, it's bad. 3 new hire classes coming in.............I feel for these folks, they don't know the real story going on here, just what management sugar coates for them when they get hired.

Good luck all and merry X-Mas(sitting reserve.......missed the d%mn bid, argh!!)

Maybe a way for SkyWest to get another certificate so they can fly larger aircraft and not void the Delta agreement?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back