• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would SkyWest buy Skyway?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A way for SKYW to fly bigger aircraft? Don't they already fly 90 seaters? I think a 737 is the next thing bigger.

A way for SKYW to fly bigger aircraft? Don't they already fly 90 seaters? I think a 737 is the next thing bigger.

Not all of us just want to fly a bigger airplane. As long as all airframes pay the same on first-year pay, all I want is a non-Mesa seat and some bootleg SLC snacks [mint choc chip oatmeal cookies and Biscoff crackers].

Yeah, I'll do the jet next year and finally get out of Mountain Time. Hey Baze, how you doing, rolling up in that "classic" 7-negative-7?! Just kidding, hope it's all good.

OG

I see ZERO value in us. 1900's going away, EAS routes going away in 18 months, and 328's that nobody wants(besides us), hence the fact they're all growing mold sitting on the ramp in MYR. My intuition(as well as a lot of folks I've talked to at work) is that we will be no more than commisary for someone within the next few years. It's a nice thought though, being bought out and on a more stable seniority list somewhere though.

All of this is not being negative of our company, just reality when morale here is the lowest I've ever seen it. We got people running from here at a pace of roughly 5-10 a month. That may not seem like much, but when we only have 175ish or so on the list, it's bad. 3 new hire classes coming in.............I feel for these folks, they don't know the real story going on here, just what management sugar coates for them when they get hired.

Good luck all and merry X-Mas(sitting reserve.......missed the d%mn bid, argh!!)

whats the realistic outlook for a new hire coming in early next year? i would assume they would probably be on reserve for a mighty long time. are all the classes for the 1900 or are any new hires going to be sent to the jet?

Hey fastback,

Looks like you survived the DEN blizzard.

I'm liking the 'ole MD-80. We finish SIM on Thursday and then IOE starts on Saturday.

Hope you had a great Christmas.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back