• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would anybody leave.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Forbes.com still lists airline pilots as one of the top paying professions you can have in this country....right alongside doctors and lawyers.

Whining as in "it's good enough for me," or as in "pilots used to be regarded in the same way as doctors and lawyers and compensated as such, but with the abundance of LCC's they are now associated more with bus drivers -- and are compensated as such."

Show me a doctor who's been in practice for 14 years and never made over 54,000 in a year!

Maybe senior airline captains should be on that list. My wife is in healthcare, not a doctor either, and has made more money than me every year except for one.

This used to be a great career, now it's practically a joke. Nobody respects us. Look at this jive with TSA and being rescreened as a non-rev!!!!

Forbes.com still lists airline pilots as one of the top paying professions you can have in this country....right alongside doctors and lawyers.
Again, this falls right alongside under the "You've Got To Be Shltting Me" categories.

Forbes can't find their head from their a5s half the time on those articles. Some of them have gotten so bad it's like reading the USA Today. Do you believe everything you read in those editorials as well?

Since 4 of my cousins graduated Med School, not one has made less than $50,000 a year, even in their surgery residencies, which only lasted 2 years.

Since they've been practicing surgeons, they've never made less than $100,000.

Since 3 of my cousins and my sister graduated nursing school, they've never made less than $40,000, and now average $65,000 with one of them making $135,000 a year as a Nurse Anesthetist.

You cannot compare doctors to pilots IN GENERAL. Major Airline CAPTAINS, sure.

But that makes up WHAT demographic of total pilots working at 121 or 125 airlines in this country? 10%? 15% MAYBE?

So you're comparing 15% of the pilot population with 100% of the physician population?

Good job. Don't apply for Mensa. :rolleyes:

Actually my statement was meant to be taken in and of itself, with no regard as to how the $100k/year is acquired. You will get no arguement from me regarding the demise of our profession.

What are you people spending your money on that you can't live on 65K, or even 100K?

What difference does it make whether it's an airbus or an RJ? Once you sit down, strap in, and close the cockpit door, can you really tell the difference?

The major airline pilot groups gave concessions that amounted to almost 50% pay cuts. But somehow, it is the guy working for Skybus that is "lowering the bar?"

The difference is how many lives you are responsible for, and how much revenue the airplane can generate.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back