• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would AirTran be receptive to offers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know they pay like sh$t but I know a few TWA types who found a home there and kinda like it. There must be something good about it.

I know they pay like sh$t but I know a few TWA types who found a home there and kinda like it. There must be something good about it.

Had an Allegiant guy on our JS the other day...he said they flew mostly turns [if not all turns] and the QOL was great if you live in base. KUDOS to ya'll for finding a nitch in this difficult environment.

Allegient made a little money.....great for them. It helps when your labor costs are so low. Have you looked at what they pay their pilots? Pathetic.....
With all the negative news the last couple of weeks in this industry, it was nice to see something positive. We've seen numerous airlines go out of business and many carriers lose millions of dollars. This is a tough business and I hope things get better for all of us real soon.

Or WN could have to outbid Airtran, Don't get to cocky!!!!!!!!
If anyone is stupid enough to invest in an airline right now then maybee we might have to outbid airtran otrherwise don't worry about us.
P.S. The fact that airtran mgt has said they are about the shareholder and not the employee has to make lear and pcl 128 feel pretty good.
Besides these two I have alot of frineds at Airtran and I wish them well.

Jet Blue has a cold at worst. I'd expect them to out last several others and they could be a survivor.

AirTran has been through several tough scrapes before and become a better airline after every battle.

I am surprised UAL and US Air have made it this long. The fact that either airline is here is a statement as to how tough and good the community of aviation professionals are at carrying inept management.
JBLU will be fine. They will be nimble enough in the next 18 months to move assets where they will make money as legacy capacity shrinks. They will be selling Live TV, which may bring in another $200-300M. The new JFK terminal is a tremendously flexible asset, that can be used either for their own domestic strategy, or a percentage parcelled out to future international partners.

I think Airtran will also be fine. They too are nimble enough to move assets to take advantage of the coming capacity debacle. Hopefully, they will be able to put $135M in the bank by the end of this month. Investors should see that the future of affordable domestic air travel are well run LCC carriers that will finally get the chance to spread their wings. Alaska has always turned it's nose up at consolidation, but I believe they just may take a 2nd look with Airtran as a partner. Stay tuned.

The next 24 months will see the biggest change in domestic aviation ever. Attrition is dangerous but long overdue. Things will be bumpy, but let's hope not too bumpy.

:pimp:

Last edited:
Alaska has always turned it's nose up at consolidation, but I believe they just may take a 2nd look with Airtran as a partner. Stay tuned.

Although I doubt it would happen, I also see AirTran and Alaska fitting well together. The two route structures, with great East and West coast presence, would compliment each other nicely. Tie it all together with some stops in the middle and you've got something...but wtf do I know? Back to the coal mine...

Although I doubt it would happen, I also see AirTran and Alaska fitting well together. The two route structures, with great East and West coast presence, would compliment each other nicely. Tie it all together with some stops in the middle and you've got something...but wtf do I know? Back to the coal mine...
Yeah, their CEO has never been interested in consolidation because they are sitting on close to a billion in cash, and he feels they can pick off assets or sit out the capitulation and thrive after the fact. Unfortunately for him, much of the consolidation will take place in the East and Midwest, as carriers will try and hold on to the higher margin West Coast routes. Alaska's route structure is not set up to capitalize.

He also needs to be concerned with Jetblue and VX as they expand into Alaska's domain in the next few years. This is presently putting pressure on ALK's bottom line today, and it will only get worse. At the very least they should codeshare and hold preliminary talks.

:pimp:​

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back