Worth it to get ground instructor cert?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi,

Use the Flight/Ground Instructor test prep. The AGI comes from there. Don't forget about the Fundamentals of Instruction as well.

One point that seems to be missed by many is record keeping requirements. A flight instructor must keep specific records for 3 years according to FAR 61.189. If you're teaching ground schools with large groups, that could add up to quite a hefty amount of records. Holding a ground instructor certificate and using that certificate to recommend candidates for knowledge tests precludes you from the record keeping requirements for said knowledge tests. However, if you use the CFI certificate on the test recommedation, you must keep those records as mentioned previously. Minor item, I know, but nevertheless a valid point. Good luck.

*EDIT* AC560 mentioned the record keeping requirements in his post. Sorry, but I didn't see that until I posted my response.

Regards

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I just had back surgery and will be laid up for about 8 months so I figured I would hit the books hard and try to knock out some writtens.
Love the Gleim!!!

Latest resources

Back