• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worry about ICE ?? Worry no more...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Leave it to a Brit to come up with a "solution" in the total absence of a problem. Just about any aircaft in which you cannot see a represenative surface will either have monstrous boots or hot leading edges. Did Lawrence not get the memo?

And a 2005 tailplance ice sensing deadline? Note to operators of aircraft without ice protection equipment - Don't get iced up. Do we really need a big red idiot light to remind us of this?

Sounds like a lot of hullabolu over nothing to me. Whats wrong with just looking out the window to see if any ice is accumulating? If you can't see the wings turn the nesa off for a few minutes & see if the W/S ices. As previously posted, they have come up with a solution for a non problem. I've always assumed, correctly I think, that anytime the wings are picking up ice the tail is too. It's hard to beat a good set of eyeballs & a set of ice lights at night.

hehe.. well *obviously* the problem in icing realted accidents is that the pilots were unaware they had any ice to begin with! "Hey, why is this thing only climbing at 250fpm.... what's that frosting on the windshield??" OH.. it's ice.. thanks idiot light.. now that I know I have ice, thanks to my multi-spectral-fiberoptic-laser-pattern analyzer, I can inflate the @#$ boots with a million patches and hope it comes off..
(lmao) :D :D :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back