• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worldwide Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WWJ is a family owned and operated company. It's in Millville N.J, and if you are on for two weeks, you are either flying or stuck in MIV. Odds are you'll be flying. Lots of business, most from celebrities. MIV is in an area with special tax breaks, and the airport is owned by the Delaware River Port Auth, who has built a number of structures for tenents, and the fuel is way cheaper then anywhere else. Consequently, they can position to TEB or anywhere else, cost effectively.
The people are very nice, and the CP is great.
While nobody wants to pay for training, someone please tell me of a few places that have hired a guy off the street without a type, and trained him or her in a G-IV. I didn't think so. If I owned a company I would do the same thing that WWJ is doing. Why pay to train someone so they can update their resume on Climbto350.com and move on next month!

Nothing wrong with doing a training contract...that the company can promise to enforce. What if a guy wants to do something with that money like buy a house?

I understand you do get the money back...but it is still a bit much .

Hey Man,
To each his own. I don't know what you are flying, but with more than 20,000 hrs. of jet time, International experience and a bunch of type ratings, it became painfully clear that nobody was going to hire me to fly a G-IV unless I had a type. I was resigned to getting it on my own anyway, and then I found WWJ right in my backyard, and using their Corporate rate, the type was almost half price. The bonus is that WWJ is a great place. It is probably tougher on commuters, then on me, but my quality of life, working conditions, and relationship with management are all excellent. The fact of the matter is, most of the folks at WWJ have been there quite a while, and they are growing rapidly, thus the current hiring scenario. Quite frankly, if I had known about this place two years ago, I would have left the Airline Biz early, and been a lot better off!
When I was looking for work, I also went to Simuflite and took an International Operations course. While I had int'l experience from the airline, I felt that there was a General Aviation aspect that I had not dealt with in 121 ops. I figured it would make me more competitive, just like some feel that a type rating would.
Just me two cents --- Your mileage may vary!

well said... to each is own. most people frown on paying for their type. bottom line. if it keeps food on YOUR table then you do what you have to do.

World Wide Jet

I applied at World Wide Jet several months back but no reply. I retire from US Airways in Oct and would appreciate any points of contact. I am willing to pay for the G-IV type for the opportunity to fly for World Wide Jet.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I am rated in the A330/A320/B737/B727 some props and helicopters.

thanks,

Ivan

Latest resources

Back