Worldwide Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like a great deal ...

yes, supporting multi-million dollar aircraft with multi-million dollar bugets while paying for your own training .... great deal.

Shheeez, if are thinking about this gig you deserve what you get ..$70K in G-III ... nice. The G-III is becoming the new Lear-24.

Pay for training has been around for years and will continue as long as pilots are willing to do it... Just ask the 5000 plus pilots at Southwest.

... Starting pay is 36k-48k as a SIC....

Any real info would be awesome.

I don't know anything about the name, but that pay for a GIII SIC (particularly with an on-demand schedule) should provide enough insite into the company management for you or any pilot not to work there. Just my opinion.

Ok, since nobody is saying it, yes, you do pay for your type if you don't have one....but you get paid back for it over a two year period. Look at it as a training contract where it's out of your pocket and you get reimbursed rather than a company laying out the money and then having to go after you if you leave early. I'm not supporting PFT here, just making sure you have all the relevant facts.

Ok, since nobody is saying it, yes, you do pay for your type if you don't have one....but you get paid back for it over a two year period. Look at it as a training contract where it's out of your pocket and you get reimbursed rather than a company laying out the money and then having to go after you if you leave early. I'm not supporting PFT here, just making sure you have all the relevant facts.

I definitely don't want to get into a PFT debate, either. I will simply say either method as you describe should be unacceptable to pilots. This isn't about the type specifically, it is about the cost of training. Initial and recurrent training expenses are fixed costs that must be a part of any realistic budget and credible business plan for anyone or any company that thinks they have the ability and means to operate an aircraft. A company or individual that can't afford or will not pay for crew training doesn't need to operate aircraft.

Likewise, as has been argued many times in the forums, most companies that require training contracts, agreements, promisory notes, pay-backs, etc. do so because of high attrition rates due to other things like low pay (36K-48K for a GIII pilot), poor schedule and quality of life, bad work environement, etc. In my experience it is a clear indication of a less than desirable job and employer. That's why I would be wary of these employers. Again, just my opinion.

No Arguements here Moose, I left the business for the list of reasons you cited. It's interesting, I'm looking at opportunities to get back in, but can't get past the lousy pay, poor QOL, bad schedules or even worse, the lack thereof. It's a poor state of affairs, which is a shame, because this can be such a nice profession if the standards were higher.

Checked out their website. They sound like a major Charter Company. Schedule is 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. Starting pay is 36k-48k as a SIC.

Anyone out there know anything more about these folks? Are you generally working/on the road the whole 2 weeks on, or are you on call for those 2 weeks?

Any real info would be awesome.
I couldn't find any of that info on their website. Also I'm having trouble finding out anything else about them. Anybody else got any good poop?

WWJ is a family owned and operated company. It's in Millville N.J, and if you are on for two weeks, you are either flying or stuck in MIV. Odds are you'll be flying. Lots of business, most from celebrities. MIV is in an area with special tax breaks, and the airport is owned by the Delaware River Port Auth, who has built a number of structures for tenents, and the fuel is way cheaper then anywhere else. Consequently, they can position to TEB or anywhere else, cost effectively.
The people are very nice, and the CP is great.
While nobody wants to pay for training, someone please tell me of a few places that have hired a guy off the street without a type, and trained him or her in a G-IV. I didn't think so. If I owned a company I would do the same thing that WWJ is doing. Why pay to train someone so they can update their resume on Climbto350.com and move on next month!

Latest resources

Back